CFI NEEDED FOR TRANSITION TRAINING IN S. FLORIDA

Alexdangelo

@Alexdangelo Give Frank Mayer a call. He owns a Mooney and is a corporate jet pilot. He flew his Mooney (J) up to meet me in North GA and did my transition training on the way down and the day after out of his home town KFIN. Saved me from paying for an additional hotel. Then some how got dropped off in one of the jets a couple days later to pick up his Mooney. Great guy and easy to get along with. Safe Pilot!

Just remember transition training is the very first stage in a long learning experience. I would call transition training more like safety training. It should make you safe enough to fly in ideal conditions but by no means does it make you proficient in a Mooney. Absorb as much knowledge as you can from this forum. In my opinion it would pretty difficult to own a Mooney without the support network MS provides.

Frank Mayer 703-967-9161

What's going to be your birds new home?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WAFI said:

@Alexdangelo Give Frank Mayer a call. He owns a Mooney and is a corporate jet pilot. He flew his Mooney (J) up to meet me in North GA and did my transition training on the way down and the day after out of his home town KFIN. Saved me from paying for an additional hotel. Then some how got dropped off in one of the jets a couple days later to pick up his Mooney. Great guy and easy to get along with. Safe Pilot!

Just remember transition training is the very first stage in a long learning experience. I would call transition training more like safety training. It should make you safe enough to fly in ideal conditions but by no means does it make you proficient in a Mooney. Absorb as much knowledge as you can from this forum. In my opinion it would pretty difficult to own a Mooney without the support network MS provides.

Frank Mayer 703-967-9161

What's going to be your birds new home?

Hi...thanks for the info...going to be @ KPMP

• Like 1

I used to do pre-buys all over the country, then fly the plane home with the new owner. And they would get to help with the pre-buy, learn about their new bird, and then get a number of hours toward their insurance requirements on the way home. In the past few years it's been harder to align all the pieces to make it work, and still have a reasonable cost to the new buyer. I will give one piece of advice though, don't look for the lowest cost, look for the best value. 

• 5 months later...
42 minutes ago, Jethroa1a said:

I am considering buying into a Mooney M20J, based at HWO. Current owner is willing to let me train for the transition in AC, just need a good CFI with Mooney experience in the South Florida area. Any suggestions?

Welcome aboard Jethroa!

Standby…. You are in the right place.

For Florida… I always ask @mike_elliott his recommendation…

Before sending them searching the other two lists of Mooney CFIs….

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1