Pop-up IFR into Santa Maria KSMX - RNAV12

Skates97

In September I dropped the plane off at Art Craft in Santa Maria for painting. Arrival time was about 9:30am and the forecast was for clear skies by 10am, so there was a chance it would be broken up enough to arrive VFR. I departed KFUL VFR to do a little formation flying enroute with my friend. The marine layer had not broken up at all, solid from about 2,200' MSL down to 1,000' MSL. Picked up IFR enroute from Santa Barbara Approach and flew the RNAV 12 Approach into KSMX.

Full video from the request to touch down. Countdown timer shows flight time remaining. All coms between myself and ATC included, the video is sped up between coms.

• Like 17

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!!! That’s a stellar looking Mooney!  I must say, a stellar performance from Artcraft…. 4 weeks from drop off to completion?  That might be one of the most efficient paint processes from them!! :)

Early on during my Artcraft era, one Mooney (Ovation), brought into the shop was processed in 7 days!!!  True story. 

Your paint process might possibly be a another record setter for Artcraft! :)  

Congratulations Richard……. :D  Congratulations Artcraft!! :DTransformation complete!! Gorgeous!!!

Edit..Whoops, I stand corrected…. not 4 weeks, but still a fairly efficient time frame indeed :D