New Mooney Owner at KRHV

katzhome

After 4 months of maintenance waiting for parts I got to do my first flight in N43CA with an instructor this weekend. Four landings in the books and N43CA is finally at our shelter at RHV.  My son can’t wait for his transition training too!

Looking forward to meeting more of you out there.  Please stop by shelter Q-3 anytime to say hello!

Russell Katz

B37F510D-AAE6-4E30-833C-0AF0D6A06804.jpeg

58BECC90-EF86-49F3-B7BD-BF69470F0961.jpeg

0882CBBF-9303-49D6-ABE8-99789FA00FBE.jpeg

• Like 4

Congratulations, and welcome to the Mooney family. You will love it!  I had over 1000 hours in my J, before my mission changed.  

Keep us up to date on the fuel situation at RHV.  What happens there may set the precedent for other airports.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Who supplied the air to ground pic?

Congrats on getting the Mooney in the air…

+1 for sharing the reigns with the young buck!  :)

Best regards,

-a-

My instructor was flying with another student in the pattern as we were wrapping up for the day, so we got a few shots of us from outside.  Pretty cool!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

Where do you buy fuel?

Currently at nearby airports about 15 min flight away, Hollister, Watsonville or Livermore.  When UL100 gets distribution worked out I expect KRHV to be one of the first using it.  Hoping that is sooner than later.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome, Russell! The Bay Area is a great place for Mooneys. I'm at SQL. If you're looking for a Mooney-owner CFI, seek out Phil Verghese, @pfactor, who flies N201UT out of RHV. Looking forward to meeting you at a Mooney fly-in or elsewhere down the line.

If you're looking for nearby places to shoot approaches in IMC, Watsonville, Half Moon Bay, Modesto, and Stockton offer up a lot of good opportunities.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:44 AM, katzhome said:

After 4 months of maintenance waiting for parts I got to do my first flight in N43CA with an instructor this weekend. Four landings in the books and N43CA is finally at our shelter at RHV.  My son can’t wait for his transition training too!

Edited by Flash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1