Any Oil Filters around??>>

Teddsgotwings

I just completed my first transcon. from KSMO to KOWD and am looking to do an oil change before I head back to LA. I'm searching for oil filters (48103-1 or aa48103-2) but everything is on back order. Does anyone know where one can be found? I'm trying to head west 10/24 but I also want to fly while I'm here in New England. My current oil has about 18 hours on it and I need to change around 25h. I'm doing the 25h intercal as I just got a new engine so this is the break in oil. I broke the engine in, changed oil after 7 hours, and have now put 18 hours on this current oil and filter. 25 total on the new engine but only 18 on the oil/oil filter.

Anyways, if anyone has a lead on where to find a filter or would be willing to part ways with one, I would be very appreciative and would compensate accordingly.

All the best,

TR

1 minute ago, carusoam said:

The supply chain issues are getting much better lately…

I keep hearing that, so I ordered a filter from Aircraft Spruce.  The web said expected ship date was a couple of weeks out -- confirmation that our supply chain issues are about over.  When I didn't hear anything from Spruce, I called to inquire when I could expect my order to arrive.  Woman I talked to said they get very few filters, and those go to people who have had orders in the system for more than a year.  She also said not to expect anything this year.

1 hour ago, Teddsgotwings said:

I just completed my first transcon. from KSMO to KOWD and am looking to do an oil change before I head back to LA. I'm searching for oil filters (48103-1 or aa48103-2) but everything is on back order. Does anyone know where one can be found? I'm trying to head west 10/24 but I also want to fly while I'm here in New England. My current oil has about 18 hours on it and I need to change around 25h. I'm doing the 25h intercal as I just got a new engine so this is the break in oil. I broke the engine in, changed oil after 7 hours, and have now put 18 hours on this current oil and filter. 25 total on the new engine but only 18 on the oil/oil filter.

Anyways, if anyone has a lead on where to find a filter or would be willing to part ways with one, I would be very appreciative and would compensate accordingly.

All the best,

TR

A 48104 series filter will fit your engine as well.

1 hour ago, Fly Boomer said:

I keep hearing that, so I ordered a filter from Aircraft Spruce.  The web said expected ship date was a couple of weeks out -- confirmation that our supply chain issues are about over.  When I didn't hear anything from Spruce, I called to inquire when I could expect my order to arrive.  Woman I talked to said they get very few filters, and those go to people who have had orders in the system for more than a year.  She also said not to expect anything this year.

Much better… not perfect.   :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mikey757 said:

Anyone know which Tempest filter replaces the Champion 48103-1

As far as I can tell, the numbers are the same between Champion and Tempest, except you add AA to the beginning for Tempest.

So Champion 48103-1 becomes Tempest AAA48103

3 hours ago, Pinecone said:

As far as I can tell, the numbers are the same between Champion and Tempest, except you add AA to the beginning for Tempest.

So Champion 48101-1 becomes Tempest AAA48103

Wouldn't that be an AA48101 (if either company actually made a 48101, which they don't)?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikey757 said:

Anyone know which Tempest filter replaces the Champion 48103-1

If your engine is an IO360-A1B6D or IO-360-A3B6D you can use either version of the 48103 short filter or 48104 long filter.

At 25 hours and no filter available I would change the oil and check the oil pump screen. If the oil pump filter screen is clear then order a 6-pack of Tempest oil filters and crush rings for the oil pump screen and you are good for the next couple of years.