ISO

ISOmooneym20j

Just now, ISOmooneym20j said:

So if it’s been rebuilt and prop replaced, it should be entertained if I’m interested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was my money, I would want to know that it was repaired by a shop with the facility, people, and reputation for such things.  But if it passed that test, and the engine and prop passed similar tests, I would get the most expensive pre-buy I could, and buy it.  It’s possible to screw this up, but no reason to expect that.  I would get that comprehensive pre-buy regardless of damage history.

17 minutes ago, ISOmooneym20j said:

So I see about half of the mooneys that are up for sale have had a gear up landing. My buddy that is a cfi and atp says not to consider buying one as they never fly straight again.

I am a CFI and ATP and can assure you there is absolutaly zero education in buying and maintaining an airplane from getting those ratings. Your buddy is incorrect.

• Like 2