Geeking out with SavvyMX

I signed up for a free SavvyMX online account and uploaded my EI engine data. Now I find myself constantly getting sucked into looking at the pretty lines and geeking out over all the cool data. I know they probably do this as a marketing tool, but it sure makes for a handy way to see and manipulate the data anyway you like. 

• Like 2

Yes, there is no port.

Well, if you have a full JPI 700 install, you can just swap the units.  But if you want the other the things the JPI can display, such as RPM, MP, oil pressure, oil temp, you need to install those sensors.  I was able to use my installed Shadin fuel flow transducer.

BUT, it seems that some JPI 700 installs are upgrades from a GEM unit.  And JPI had a connector that interfaced the GEM probes with the JPI 700.  Problem is the 830 cannot interface to the GEM probes.  Guess how I learned this. :D

If you buy your EDM-830 Display only, as an Upgrade from Aircraft Spruce with their Core rebate/refund, your net cost will be about $1200 from a 700. Any additional probes will cost extra, but you really should be adding at least RPM, MAP and of course Fuel Flow if you didn't already have it.

Then as soon as you install it,  change the Data Sampling interval from its default of every 6 sec to its fastest rate of 1-2 sec to get good data resolution.  

Then go fly the Savvy Flight Test profile: Flight Test Profile – Savvy Aviation Resources

and then submit it for analysis if you're a Savvy Pro/MX/QA subscriber

Edited by kortopates

On 10/4/2022 at 7:33 PM, Wildhorsetrail said:

I signed up for a free SavvyMX online account and uploaded my EI engine data. Now I find myself constantly getting sucked into looking at the pretty lines and geeking out over all the cool data. I know they probably do this as a marketing tool, but it sure makes for a handy way to see and manipulate the data anyway you like. 

I think you meant to say free SavvyAnalysis account, which gives you access to all our analysis tools. But the Savvy MX, QA and Pro accounts are all fee based subscriptions, with the cheapest being the Savvy Pro at $129/yr for a Mooney which gets you our Pro Analysis service (me! :) ) 

• Like 3

Cheapest $129 in aviation, but don’t tell them that... If you like the data you have now, you’ll love the detailed knowledge @kortopates provides in the Engine Data Analysis Reports. The AI driven FEVA Reports are awesome too. And you periodically receive report cards that show you trends for all of your data (%Pwr, Max/Avg CHT, etc) and how you’re doing vs other similar types. I send them my borescope photos for an expert opinion as well. Now if only I could take some better photos…

• Thanks 1