Nose truss / pivot truss play

I seam to have up and down play in my pivot to nose truss connection. The plane has the Lasar STC for the larger bushing but it was done over 25 years ago. 
Has anyone else experienced this?

Everything seams to fit together but it seams as if it needs a shim or something, the bushing fits tightly into the nose truss but the pivot truss has up and down play on the bushing that attaches it to the nose truss. This is obvious not good and does produce o decent “clunk” while taxing.

any ideas?

Sometimes I feel like an ignorant mooney owner and pilot. I fly my '65 M20 E and just enjoy it and fix what needs to be fixed when it needs it.  Then I read something about and down play in my pivot to nose truss connection and have no idea what is being discussed. Everything on this site seems to talk about what should be could be isn't quite right and want it to be. Should I quit flying because I don't know as much as many of you do and am not concerned about every detail of the plane? Help me.  

43 minutes ago, Dick Denenny said:

Sometimes I feel like an ignorant mooney owner and pilot. I fly my '65 M20 E and just enjoy it and fix what needs to be fixed when it needs it.  Then I read something about and down play in my pivot to nose truss connection and have no idea what is being discussed. Everything on this site seems to talk about what should be could be isn't quite right and want it to be. Should I quit flying because I don't know as much as many of you do and am not concerned about every detail of the plane? Help me.  

Do you have a mechanic?   Does your airplane get an annual inspection?

14 hours ago, Dick Denenny said:

of course it does. I stay on top of eveything  regardiing annual and 100 hour, take care of every thing that may come up as far as any maintinance needs. 

I think, if polled, you would find alot of airplane owners much like you.  Myself included.  My airplane gets its annual, its IFR cert, pitot static check, etc, etc, etc.  If I find something that is not quite right I get it to the people that know far more about it than I do (my &P/IA) and they sort out what needs to be fixed.  I think a lot of the folks on this forum are very mechanically inclined, like to know absolutely everything about every nut, bolt, joint, moving part etc... and in fact it is kind of impressive to me the level of knowledge the folks on this forum have and the ability to recall it on an instant.  They are impressive. 

But, don't worry, I would think you are in the norm when it comes to airplane ownership.

• Like 1

I'd say first thing to check is make sure the nut and bolt holding the assembly together is tightened down appropriately.   Then on jacks if tightening everything hasn't solved the issue then you should be able to see if the wear is top and bottom wear or side to side wear between the bolt and bushing.  Each problem has its own solution.