New M20E owner looking for modern yokes

64M

Hi-

Purchased a 66 M20E late last year and am getting prepared to do some avionics upgrades. Seems it is usually the case that folks switch out the vintage yokes for model J or other more modern style yokes that can accommodate trim switches etc. Started asking / looking around for a pair of decent used yokes, shafts, and the other parts but haven't tracked anything down yet. Anyone know of a resource to contact for these? 

Thanks.

Hi-
Purchased a 66 M20E late last year and am getting prepared to do some avionics upgrades. Seems it is usually the case that folks switch out the vintage yokes for model J or other more modern style yokes that can accommodate trim switches etc. Started asking / looking around for a pair of decent used yokes, shafts, and the other parts but haven't tracked anything down yet. Anyone know of a resource to contact for these? 
Thanks.

You can find them on the shelf in between the Holy Grail and the map pinpointing Jimmy Hoffa’s location.

They are hard to come by. Mooney will sell you the kit for $6300. I would start with the salvage companies, Alan Fox and Jerry Pressley. The latter two can be PMd on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

If you find some, make sure they match your particular airframe for length and connecting hardware at the back end.  Mooney made different yoke length shafts over the years, and the connecting hardware at the back changed configuration as well.  You can't just grab whatever salvage J-style yokes are available, and expect them to drop right in to your older airframe.

+1 I recently went on a hunt for them after I found out my stock yokes were cracked. I couldn't find any yokes, but for my E, which is incompatible with the shafts, it really came down to needing new shafts from Mooney. Last I heard they were $1k each and 15wk turn around for the shafts alone, and that just put it over the line on worth the upgrade for me personally.

Hi-
Thanks.

Check your PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro