LED'S for gear down light.

4 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

Those are 28v bulbs.

They're dimmable, so they work at any voltage from 0-28V.    I'm using them at 14V and they're still plenty bright, as I mentioned previously.

Edit:   To answer a little better, a 327 is a 28V lamp, but is often spec'ed in 12V systems when high brightness isn't needed.  The equivalent bulb designed for 12V systems is a 330.  The bases are the same, so either will plug into each socket.  If your IPC says 327, either will work, the 330 might be brighter.   I'm talking mostly about the incandescent bulbs here.

If you really want a 12V LED replacement with the same base, get a 330 equivalent (they may wind up being the same part):

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-14VDC-Dimmable-Replaces-Numbers/dp/B08GH2NWV9

7 hours ago, willerjim273 said:

I installed these lights on my own Ovation as well as another one, and in both cases, the lights were too bright - meaning, the excessive brightness almost washed out the black background in the annunciator template, and caused the light in each individual annunciator block to "spill over" into the adjacent light block...causing what I perceived as a less-than-clean look to the entire set of lights.  Doing a light test across the annunciator panel confirmed my findings.

As much of a proponent as I am to LED lights in general, I had to pass on these specific bulbs for this application and switch back to the incandescent flavor.  All $$ aside, the older bulbs simply gave a better presentation.

• 5 weeks later...

I read in the service manual that belly plates need to be removed to replace the bulb.  Is that true, or can you replace from the cabin by removing the cover?

A little off topic, but I replaced my glare shield bulbs with 330 red led's and couldn't be happier.  They dim fine, and shouldn't have to worry about replacing again.   The gear down is about all I have left to replace.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, trevttu76 said:

I read in the service manual that belly plates need to be removed to replace the bulb.  Is that true, or can you replace from the cabin by removing the cover?

A little off topic, but I replaced my glare shield bulbs with 330 red led's and couldn't be happier.  They dim fine, and shouldn't have to worry about replacing again.   The gear down is about all I have left to replace.  

Belly. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I tackled this project and it wasn't so bad.  I replaced with LED, and couldn't be happier.  Would 100% say only go back with LED, you don't want to have to do it again.  

The worst part of the of the job is taking the belly panel off.  I will go ahead and say, its the most front one...I started at the wrong end of the belly panels.

Thanks for the hints from this group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1