Garmin GPS 175 & Aero Cruze 100 Combo

Thanks, Eric.  Guess I misunderstood the advertisement below: 

Mooney Autopilot Package By BendixKing

The AeroCruze 100 is an affordable and flexible digital autopilot system for M20B, M20C, M20D, M20E, M20F, M20G, M20J, M20K, M20L, M20M, M20R, M20S, M20TN, M20U, and M20V. The AeroCruze100 provides seamless integration with the AeroVue Touch EFIS as well as a variety of other manufacturers.

1 hour ago, Van Lanier said:

The AeroCruze 100 is an affordable and flexible digital autopilot system for M20B, M20C, M20D, M20E, M20F, M20G, M20J, M20K, M20L, M20M, M20R, M20S, M20TN, M20U, and M20V. The AeroCruze100 provides seamless integration with the AeroVue Touch EFIS as well as a variety of other manufacturers.

To answer your question… supposedly it’s approved through Duncan but nobody has been able to buy one yet.  Apparently BK wants payment and a no-cancel order for some future delivery.  So there’s one on a Mooney somewhere since the tested it but not out in the “wild”.

• Like 1

Yes, BK has the TruTrak / AeroCruz "approved" for our Mooneys, but they are still not "available."

My hopes have been deferred to Dynon, for a new panel, engine analyzer and auto pilot. Fingers crossed, the AP is still waiting for the FAA to decide that it's safe. 

7 hours ago, Van Lanier said:

A number of us have had them on order for some time and have either had orders cancelled or other issues, after long delays.   Last week AS told me it'd be another 120 days and I needed to either cancel or pre-pay with a No Cancel No Return policy.   It's been a very strange ride.    It's even stranger if they're starting an ad campaign now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank said:

Yes, BK has the TruTrak / AeroCruz "approved" for our Mooneys, but they are still not "available."

My hopes have been deferred to Dynon, for a new panel, engine analyzer and auto pilot. Fingers crossed, the AP is still waiting for the FAA to decide that it's safe. 

I spoke to Dynon Australia at an airshow the other weekend. They said they have put plenty of APs in Mooneys, they have some specific installation approval system rather than an Stc

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Joshua Blackh4t said:

I spoke to Dynon Australia at an airshow the other weekend. They said they have put plenty of APs in Mooneys, they have some specific installation approval system rather than an Stc

Probably just not in N-registered airplanes.   :(     We're being "safe" to death.

• Thanks 1

Many thanks, gents.  That's a really sophomoric way for King to manage the rollout of a product with a documented demand curve.  I'll just head over to Garmin and install the GFC500.  It's ready to go without the fuss and confusion.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Van Lanier said:

Many thanks, gents.  That's a really sophomoric way for King to manage the rollout of a product with a documented demand curve.  I'll just head over to Garmin and install the GFC500.  It's ready to go without the fuss and confusion.  

Be sitting down when you bet the quote for the AP and other equipment required for it to work in your plane.