Restaurant in brenham tx now open.

Will.iam

On 9/28/2022 at 4:06 AM, TheAv8r said:

Good gas prices too, it's a good place to stop. By Houston's standards, food is medicore at best (esp. inner loop food), but friendly service and a nice diner atmosphere. It's nice to at least have an alternative from LBX!

Did you just try to compare an airport diner with Gallaria area eateries? Really? 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 7:36 AM, Mcstealth said:

Did you just try to compare an airport diner with Gallaria area eateries? Really? 

Galleria is really outer loop and the food there is mostly chains and not that great.  I would call River Oaks, Montrose, the Heights, etc inner loop and that's where all the good food is.  It's splitting hairs, I know, you're point is still the same.  We had a house in Montrose for a few years mainly because when we were in Houston, that's where we always ended up for dinner.  Covid shut down a lot of places and the area just changed so we sold the house in Dec after having only been there 4 times in the last 2 years.  Between Mac and Ernie's in Tarpley and Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek, plus an occasional trip into San Antonio, we've found enough good food around Bandera to not miss Houston. 

• Like 1

We stopped and had lunch there during my Mooney Transition.

The food was good, but they were out of several things.

Tried to get gas, but SS pump would not read/accept any card (we tried about 4).  And no phone number to call for help.  So did not buy any fuel.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 7:20 AM, bcg said:

Galleria is really outer loop and the food there is mostly chains and not that great.  I would call River Oaks, Montrose, the Heights, etc inner loop and that's where all the good food is.  It's splitting hairs, I know, you're point is still the same.  We had a house in Montrose for a few years mainly because when we were in Houston, that's where we always ended up for dinner.  Covid shut down a lot of places and the area just changed so we sold the house in Dec after having only been there 4 times in the last 2 years.  Between Mac and Ernie's in Tarpley and Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek, plus an occasional trip into San Antonio, we've found enough good food around Bandera to not miss Houston. 

Trick question…

Are you familiar with the Cowboy Steak house around Kerrville somewhere…

:)

Keeping David in the loop…. @Mcstealth…  (good pireps only)

Best regards,

-a-

5 hours ago, carusoam said:

Trick question…

Are you familiar with the Cowboy Steak house around Kerrville somewhere…

:)

Keeping David in the loop…. @Mcstealth…  (good pireps only)

Best regards,

-a-

I know of the Cowboy Steak House but, we haven't been yet.  Other than the airport, I don't get into Kerville that often, when we do "go into town" it seems to always be Boerne or San Antonio.

Graham airport RPH has a BBQ place behind the dairy Queen that was good. Had a unique food item i had not seen before, spam fries. Yes spam the lunch meat cut into fries and fried. It looked like sweet potatoes fries but when you bite into them they were crunchy spam. Very tasty but the salt content was probably off the charts. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 6:34 PM, Will.iam said:

Graham airport RPH has a BBQ place behind the dairy Queen that was good. Had a unique food item i had not seen before, spam fries. Yes spam the lunch meat cut into fries and fried. It looked like sweet potatoes fries but when you bite into them they were crunchy spam. Very tasty but the salt content was probably off the charts. 

Fairly well known in Hawaii. Fried Spam and eggs on breakfast menues. Not so well known in the 48.