EGT gauge?

eman1200

10 minutes ago, eman1200 said:

EDIT:  I tried emailing the @AGL Aviation folks but got a kickback for info@aglaviaiton.com:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<info@aglaviaiton.com>:

No mx record found for domain=aglaviaiton.com

@eman1200, you mis-spelled "aviation", you transposed the "i" and "t" in "aviation" above . . . .

• Like 1

Just now, eman1200 said:

image.png.0db4f425f29fda0350a3a9bb8db5f6f9.png

but good catch!

It's easy to make a typo. It's even easier if you don't set the automatic spelling changer from "auto-correct" to "show spelling errors." So often what it wants to change is not what I intended to write . . . . This was especially prevalent when I used apple products! Those durn things would change a correctly-spelled word to something else entirely different, as soon as I clicked "Send" it would auto-change then send with the new, wrong word.

1 hour ago, eman1200 said:

does anyone have a working EGT gauge lying around?

I have a Westach analog EGT and a couple (used) probes.  I removed it when I installed an EI UBG-16.  The replacement probes were no longer TSO’d (if that makes a difference to you) and I used that excuse to convince my comptroller that I need an upgrade.

If you’re interested, send me a pm.  I’d let it go for shipping…

image.png.714094079a074bd3e4d76a2431cb487b.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eman1200 said:

EDIT:  I tried emailing the @AGL Aviation folks but got a kickback for info@aglaviaiton.com:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<info@aglaviaiton.com>:

No mx record found for domain=aglaviaiton.com

Lynn sold AGL to John Car. I suggest looking on the AGL website for a new number and giving him a call.  Mine is there getting a complete firewall forward. Overhauled or new everything.  Hopefully it'll be done next week.  Fingers crossed.

Lynn sold AGL to John Car. I suggest looking on the AGL website for a new number and giving him a call.  Mine is there getting a complete firewall forward. Overhauled or new everything.  Hopefully it'll be done next week.  Fingers crossed.

Yep, I posted that I had copied the email address directly from their website. I stopped by the shop this morning.
  • Thanks 1

[mention=12849]eman1200[/mention] My M20E had the electronic EI single probe EGT monitor on it, it's getting a 930 installed so I no longer need it or the probe if you want it. It was working well when removed.
image.jpeg.ac1f7729accc7ef8666775fb442c094a.jpeg
It's this one here:
https://www.iflyei.com/product/e-1-egt/
I'll let it go for $125 + shipping.

Thanks. I think I’m looking to go CB on this one to hold me over until bigger/better things.
  • Like 1