TEXAS MOONEY FLYERS -- Put me in coach I'm ready to LEARN today

Patrick Lyons

59 minutes ago, Patrick Lyons said:

I may be your only OCTAGENERIAN ...Texas Mooney Space member.

My 201-J  Mooney called the "Tangerine Monkey" N9135W is based at Houston Texas  AXH .

Please keep me advised of ALL PROGRESS  toward a Texas Mooney Flyers group.

PM me or email plyons820@yahoo.com

Thank you

IMG_6112.PNG

Love the look.

Beautiful plane. There is a free donuts, pancakes sausage coffee fly-in at KAFW on Oct 1, starting at 8:30 am to 13:00. I’m planning to go in the am as it’s only a 15 min flight for me. I know that is a bigger hike for you but if you think you will go let me know what time and I’ll be sure to be there at that time as well. 
I’m trying to see if there is an airport next to the brazos river to go tubing sometime this fall. I did hear that Hick’s field has a new restaurant open on their field. Will need to go check that out soon and report back. 

Will.iam

Thank you for the spontaneous reply and invite to the October 1 meeting.

1. don;t give up on me and the tangerine monkey...are intenions are good but I have a commitment for a granddaughters Soccergame in Illinois that weekend.

Yes i will be flying 9135W to Illinois that's what a mooney does so well.  Please keep me on the Rooster for future events, again my appreciation for the invite

and I hope I can meet You and others at a  future event.

Sincerly 

Patrick Lyons

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 7:16 PM, Will.iam said:

Beautiful plane. There is a free donuts, pancakes sausage coffee fly-in at KAFW on Oct 1, starting at 8:30 am to 13:00. I’m planning to go in the am as it’s only a 15 min flight for me. I know that is a bigger hike for you but if you think you will go let me know what time and I’ll be sure to be there at that time as well. 
I’m trying to see if there is an airport next to the brazos river to go tubing sometime this fall. I did hear that Hick’s field has a new restaurant open on their field. Will need to go check that out soon and report back. 

Yes the new restaurant at Hicks (T67) “wing it” is open and really good service,decor, and food. https://www.facebook.com/wingit.hicks

Way to go Patrick!

MS has a few flying octogenarians….

We need more UFOs….   https://www.ufopilots.org

Find the discussions about ageism and insurance prices… and you will find many people approaching the age where insurance companies don’t want to help very much….  :)

If you need a long term Mooney flying goal…

There is a video around here of an M20C being flown solo, by its owner, on his 100th birthday….   :)

Stay healthy!

Best regards,

-a-