Looking for seat track pins

WAFI

27 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I used these in the past and when I had it in for an annual at a MSC they replaced them with cotter pins. Is there anywhere it is specified what can be used?

I would love quick removals, especially when I need to get the co-pilot’s seat out for that special someone who takes up more real estate. emoji13.png

The Cessna seat stops that I linked earlier with either a hardware safety pin or the aforementioned hitch pin clip are very easy and quick to remove and replace, and are also very robust.    Relying solely on a cotter pin or a hitch pin clip seems sketchy to me.    Cotter pins are slow and can't be reused, so they're a non-starter for me due to inconvenience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

Pain to R&R and if you ever had to remove a seat while away from home you may not have the tools to do so.

‘Now if we could make the back seat quickly removable 

depends how the "wings" of the cotter pin are bent:

if they are bent as a circle ... they are a total pain to remove. They sometimes need to be cut to be removed ! 

if they are bent to form a T ... it is a bit easier but you still need pliers 

if they are bent to form a very acute V, they will stay in place and are easy to remove by just pinching them

cotter pin does not to be bent a lot to stay in place for the seat rail hole (different than for example the cotter pin for castle nut that keeps the tire in place )