Looking for DRE / Symphony 468 Intercom

@Yooper Rocketman  I have one that I pulled out several years ago to put in a PSE intercom. It was working fine then. It won't be hard to talk me out of it.

The unit you have in your hand is the control head. There is another box that is actually the intercom. The head unit comes apart if you want to try to repair it. There is a header behind the board that holds the switches. On mine the solder was poorly done and I had to resolder it a few years before I replaced it.

Jim

19 hours ago, jcovington said:

@Yooper Rocketman  I have one that I pulled out several years ago to put in a PSE intercom. It was working fine then. It won't be hard to talk me out of it.

The unit you have in your hand is the control head. There is another box that is actually the intercom. The head unit comes apart if you want to try to repair it. There is a header behind the board that holds the switches. On mine the solder was poorly done and I had to resolder it a few years before I replaced it.

Jim

Jim,

Yes, I'm aware of the control module as well (already replaced both the module and the control display with an unkownn "possible working" unit.  The module was a REAL BITCH on my Rocket Conversion as there is no access to the F/W.    If you have that set up and are willing to part with it, let me know what I can do to get that done.  Mine failed with 3 other much more expensive avionics (Garmin 345, KX-155, and HSI) from someone arcing a hot wire across my almost new Garmin 345 Transponder.  I won't discuss what the rest of the stuff cost.  Sure made the engine install, putting 16 pounds of crap in a 3 pound container (Rocket engine in a 231 airframe), without a single serious squawk, look easy.

Let me know.

Thanks

Tom

18 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

I can’t help you with the intercom, but where I come from DRE stands for “digital rectal exam.” If you want, I’ll even use two fingers so I can give you a second opinion.

Been there, done that.  Would rather not know the guy doing the procedure though ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Jim,

Yes, I'm aware of the control module as well (already replaced both the module and the control display with an unkownn "possible working" unit.  The module was a REAL BITCH on my Rocket Conversion as there is no access to the F/W.    If you have that set up and are willing to part with it, let me know what I can do to get that done.  Mine failed with 3 other much more expensive avionics (Garmin 345, KX-155, and HSI) from someone arcing a hot wire across my almost new Garmin 345 Transponder.  I won't discuss what the rest of the stuff cost.  Sure made the engine install, putting 16 pounds of crap in a 3 pound container (Rocket engine in a 231 airframe), without a single serious squawk, look easy.

Let me know.

Thanks

Tom

Tom

The intercom is yours. The only problem is that I am out or town this week and it is in my hangar at home. I can ship it to you when I get back on Sunday. PM me your address if that will work.

Sorry about the shorted wire. You are right the intercom won't be worth repairing.

Jim

• Like 1