Induction Air Filter M20K

stormflyer

39 minutes ago, stormflyer said:

Part Number. AM108365FP (USE: P13-6287) Mooney M20K Donaldson Air Filter

Has anyone found a different source than Donaldson for the air induction filter?  I was looking to see if K&N made one for the M20K.

Thank you in advance.

Don't know the answer, but Challenger owns the STC and produces aviation air filters using K&N filters

Edit: From Aircraft Spruce, look for Challenger Air Filters--

image.png.174f8e7dc1dd7188f2d52827a2741f6e.png

Edited by jaylw314

18 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Leave the K&N in the box at the store and use the Donaldson, it’s a better filter.

I seem to remember someone else telling me the same thing as well as reading an article about filters that came to same conclusion...can't remember the details though.

Consider Donaldson designed the air filter for the M1A1 tank and got them thru two desert wars no problem

The K&N filter is notoriously “loose”. Lots of PowerStroke diesel owners have “dusted” their turbos early with them. I have the Donaldson on my PowerStroke and at 130k have a stirling clean compressor. 

K&N tells you theirs gives more power but that is because there is little restriction to flow.