Arctic Air Real AC - Looking.

MICKEY

Hey Mooniacs,

I broke down and sold my wondering M20F for a Cirrus. (It was the only way to get my family to fly GA). Still miss my M20F.

Currently, I am looking for the Arctic Air Real AC.  Does anyone have a lead on this product? They no longer produce it, but it was a great product. 

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Arctic Air Real AC.JPG

There is an electric AC unit for Mooneys….

Fully installed, and works really well….

Probably available for other planes…

They may be a sponsor for MooneySummit again this year…

I don’t think I could ever trade my Mooney for that other plane… sure would miss my family.   :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Haha 2

Yea that’s a slippery slope. Fear of the what if’s next it will be not riding on a motorcycle as you know cars are safer. Then not riding in a boat for fear of drowning. Better start wearing a helmet while walking as you could trip and fall and break your neck. Before long you’re locked up in your house on a mattress on the floor. 

IMO do one thing a day that scares you. That way you know your still alive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@MICKEY . I bought B-Kool and am happy with it in my Lancair. Similar cabin size and I can taxi with the cabin closed and get airborne in comfort. If you can't find what you're looking for, you may give the cooler based ACs a look. I'm in TX with 100+ wx and it's been nice. My wife will fly during the heat of the day.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, irishpilot said:

@MICKEY . I bought B-Kool and am happy with it in my Lancair. Similar cabin size and I can taxi with the cabin closed and get airborne in comfort. If you can't find what you're looking for, you may give the cooler based ACs a look. I'm in TX with 100+ wx and it's been nice. My wife will fly during the heat of the day.

+1 for a B-Kool or similar.   I live in Phoenix, and I use it in the summer whenever I fly.   In the winter it's in a store room and not adding weight to the airplane.

There are other competitors, and people home-brew their own.   I think B-Kool changed ownership, and it seems like all of them have supply problems these days.

I think B-Kool changed ownership, and it seems like all of them have supply problems these days.

I ordered directly from them a few months ago and it shipped immediately. I called and talked to them prior to putting my order in. I was pleasantly surprised on how fast it shipped.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 6:36 AM, Will.iam said:

Yea that’s a slippery slope. Fear of the what if’s next it will be not riding on a motorcycle as you know cars are safer. Then not riding in a boat for fear of drowning. Better start wearing a helmet while walking as you could trip and fall and break your neck. Before long you’re locked up in your house on a mattress on the floor. 

IMO do one thing a day that scares you. That way you know your still alive. 

So once a day I should post something political on MS and risk the wrath of -a-!

Perish the thought! I am not that brave. Of course I am just funnin! I highly respect -a- and very much appreciate his contributions!

Use caution with accident fears…

We can break out our favorite MS mathematician… @aviatoreb

He has a list of sports to avoid… based on deaths per hours…

NJ is a terrible place for motorcycles… a few fatal accidents in summer isn’t hard to find… we lost a rider waiting for a red traffic light in the center of town…

Canoeing and kayaking are probably the worst…

I have a small car that easily hides behind other cars…. You can see people check their mirrors and look right over my roof… :)

Life without some level of risk… isn’t worth      (not going to finish this sentence….)

Don’t go jogging for your health…that can definitely kill you…

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, philiplane said:

I've installed several of the Real A/C units in various planes. I also have one in my Aztec. Makes passengers very happy in the South Florida summers!

I have one super low time 14 volt unit for sale that didn't go to Canada with a plane that got sold last year.

I would be interested if its not already claimed??

16 hours ago, carusoam said:

Use caution with accident fears…

We can break out our favorite MS mathematician… @aviatoreb

He has a list of sports to avoid… based on deaths per hours…

NJ is a terrible place for motorcycles… a few fatal accidents in summer isn’t hard to find… we lost a rider waiting for a red traffic light in the center of town…

Canoeing and kayaking are probably the worst…

I have a small car that easily hides behind other cars…. You can see people check their mirrors and look right over my roof… :)

Life without some level of risk… isn’t worth      (not going to finish this sentence….)

Don’t go jogging for your health…that can definitely kill you…

Best regards,

-a-

Here is a fun one, from the UK - in units of fatalities per million (hours) of exposure.

Sky Diving            128.71
General Aviation            15.58
On-road motorcycle            8.8
Scuba Diving            1.98
Living (all causes of death)            1.53
Swimming            1.07
Snowmobiling            0.88
Passanger cars            0.47
Water skiing            0.28
Bicycle            0.26
Flying scheduled airlines            0.15
Hunting            0.08
Cosmic radiation from transcontinental flights            0.035
Home living - active            0.027
Traveling in a school bus            0.022
Home living incl sleeping            0.014

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Here is a fun one, from the UK - in units of fatalities per million (hours) of exposure.

Swimming            1.07
Bicycle            0.26
Hunting            0.08

Ok how do they prove cosmic radiation to transcontinental flights? Did the oerson die on the flight? Or can dr tell the difference between radiation from x-rays are different than cosmic radiation or that the cosmic radiation this person received on the ground was different than the cosmic radiation he received in the air on a transcontinental flight? I mean how do they prove that cosmic radiation from a flight killed him and not some other radiation that he received while not on a flight. 

1 hour ago, Will.iam said:

Ok how do they prove cosmic radiation to transcontinental flights? Did the oerson die on the flight? Or can dr tell the difference between radiation from x-rays are different than cosmic radiation or that the cosmic radiation this person received on the ground was different than the cosmic radiation he received in the air on a transcontinental flight? I mean how do they prove that cosmic radiation from a flight killed him and not some other radiation that he received while not on a flight. 

I don't know.

I presume it is some variation of the classic A/B testing concept (statistics) where a sophisticated version tries to control for confounding variables.

https://towardsdatascience.com/a-b-testing-a-complete-guide-to-statistical-testing-e3f1db140499

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Data mining and artificial intelligence….   :)

Try to get one million hours of actual sky diving….

Anyone try a wing suit yet?

Best regards,

-a-

I wonder how many people die the first time they use a wing suit.

Before data mining was a phrase, and artificial intelligence morphed into meaning largely machine learning tasks, and before machine learning was a phrase, we had the word statistics.  Statistics, in the hands of an actuary who specializes in this sort of risk assessment, accumulate knowledge about risk per million hours of exposure by using a large population and a modest time snapshot instead of a single individual and a long time window.

Just for reference, in a hundred years, there are 876,000hrs.

On 9/16/2022 at 11:48 AM, aviatoreb said:

Swimming            1.07
Bicycle            0.26
Hunting            0.08

Oh boy, two of my favorite activities are in the top three!:(

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 12:18 PM, Will.iam said:

I don’t think scientific accuracy was the driving impetus of the research!