Looking for Hangar Space for my Mooney in Florida

Villi

I am looking  to rent a hangar space in Florida for my Mooney over the winter for approx. 4 - 6 month .. / preferred around Daytona or St. Pete - but can be somewhere else as well.

Background: I am an Austrian pilot and flew my Mooney over to the US this summer - beyond others I visited Air Venture in Oshkosh. I left it there for the time and currently I have it based in Nashville but want to fly it to Florida in October to have some flying  vacations  over the winter months - in  Florida and probably the Caribbean . 

Would be nice if somebody has hangar space available for rent

Thank you

Markus

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard Markus!

For knowledge about hangars in Florida…

Let’s see if @Frank B. has any ideas…

Best regards,

-a-

Finding hangar space in the KDAB area is virtually impossible . One of the owners that bought in our complex is going to have a hangar for lease very soon but he is looking for a minimum of a one year lease and his lease rate is north of 11.00 per sq ft. He is mainly looking for a twin turbine tenant I think.

• Like 1

Try Apopka - X04.  It’s a private fly in community but there are a few folks that will rent out space. My buddy just moved his AEROSTAR out of a hanger so that might be open.  I’ll see if I can get the guys info and PM you. Until then try and contact someone at the airport via their website: https://flx04.org

someone most likely will know someone that will rent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, Villi said:

Thanks for the tips - I will try them all to find space for my bird  in Florida for some months - as I am new to mooneyspace I  somehow lost track of my posting and only just now found all your replies  :-) 

When looking for your own posts….

click on your name… and it brings you to a wealth of info you have stored…

:)

-a-

• 5 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 11:35 AM, Villi said:

Thanks for the tips - I will try them all to find space for my bird  in Florida for some months - as I am new to mooneyspace I  somehow lost track of my posting and only just now found all your replies  :-) 

Any luck?

i just moved down to Fort Lauderdale my new job but can’t find space. My mooney is stuck in oklahoma as of now

1 hour ago, AaronM20J said:

Any luck?

i just moved down to Fort Lauderdale my new job but can’t find space. My mooney is stuck in oklahoma as of now

No luck either in Florida - I found a Hangar  near Nashville TN - however I am currently touring around in Florida - today in Cedar Key - tomorrow south to St Pete - Fort Lauderdale is on the list too

On 3/14/2023 at 2:37 PM, AaronM20J said:

Any luck?

Banyan has space in their large new hangars on the north side of FXE. Expect to pay at least $1k per month. 

• 2 weeks later...