1961 M20B POH

Pilotboi

Welcome aboard PBOI…

One challenge you are going to come across…

The owners manual for the M20B is pretty limited…. About 30 pages… (?)  and a lot of those pages are spent on congratulations… you bought the right plane…. You must be an awesome pilot!   :)

They we’re built in the times before POHs…

The M20C is very similar to the M20B… same airframe and engine…

The M20C got a more complete POH…

So…

Get the OM for your plane for legal reasons…

Get a copy of the C’s POH for technical reasons… use your PIC skills to adjust the M20C’s data to match your needs…

The most recent M20C POH is dated 1977…

All of these documents are available from Mooney… by way of your favorite MSC…

I had this same challenge back in Y2K… for a 1965 M20C…

To get the docs, I called the company… and spoke with the man who had signed the test flights for my plane 35years before…. :)  I found his signature in the early pages of my airframe log…

a bit more challenging 22 years later…

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, carusoam said:

Well, not by very much.  The POH (Owner's Manual) is 51 pages.  The airplane flight manual for my specific plane is a whopping 20 pages.

I've seen Cessna 172 manuals that were so heavy they were difficult to carry and possibly affected the W&B when added or removed from the airplane. :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard PBOI…

One challenge you are going to come across…

The owners manual for the M20B is pretty limited…. About 30 pages… (?)  and a lot of those pages are spent on congratulations… you bought the right plane…. You must be an awesome pilot!   :)

They we’re built in the times before POHs…

The M20C is very similar to the M20B… same airframe and engine…

So…

Get the OM for your plane for legal reasons…

Get a copy of the C’s POH for technical reasons… use your PIC skills to adjust the M20C’s data to match your needs…

The most recent M20C POH is dated 1977…

All of these documents are available from Mooney… by way of your favorite MSC…

I had this same challenge back in Y2K… for a 1965 M20C…

To get the docs, I called the company… and spoke with the man who had signed the test flights for my plane 35years before…. :)  I found his signature in the early pages of my airframe log…

a bit more challenging 22 years later…

Best regards,

-a-

understood, thank you!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

Well, not by very much.  The POH (Owner's Manual) is 51 pages.  The airplane flight manual for my specific plane is a whopping 20 pages.

I've seen Cessna 172 manuals that were so heavy they were difficult to carry and possibly affected the W&B when added or removed from the airplane. :D

The M20R bulks out near 300pages… for comparison…

It also includes many pages of user quick reference manuals for every avionics box in the plane….

The nice thing… it’s performance calculations and data are as good as it gets… WnB data is nicely kept in the three ring binder….

The M20C WnB data was a piece of graph paper found loose in the airframe log…. Amazing it stayed there over the decades of different owners….

Best regards,

-a-