Issue with reading JEPPESSEN Maps on G3X

Hello,

I have installed full digital panel G3X, GTN750, GTN650, GTX345, and all GARMIN upgrades made properly. I have a separate contract with JEPPESSEN for 1x Year. Loading the Maps via JDM on the G3X SD cards then inserted the SD card in the G3X. Reading the maps on the G3X i see the airport i am based at, searching for different airport maps, some work for airports nearby, but many cannot read, and the G3X turns into black screen, then reset and works back to normal. But quite embarrassing getting black panel in flight for 1mn….

Anybody had similar problems and found a solution?

Thanks,

Philip

15 minutes ago, Philip France 13 said:

Hello,

I have installed full digital panel G3X, GTN750, GTN650, GTX345, and all GARMIN upgrades made properly. I have a separate contract with JEPPESSEN for 1x Year. Loading the Maps via JDM on the G3X SD cards then inserted the SD card in the G3X. Reading the maps on the G3X i see the airport i am based at, searching for different airport maps, some work for airports nearby, but many cannot read, and the G3X turns into black screen, then reset and works back to normal. But quite embarrassing getting black panel in flight for 1mn….

Anybody had similar problems and found a solution?

Thanks,

Philip

Provide the already downloaded logs on the G3X SD card for the particular flight to your avionics installer to send to Garmin tech support. The G3X screen going black is not normal behaviour.

12 minutes ago, Philip France 13 said:

I have shared it with my installer. He has contacted GARMIN. No reply yet. I am wondering if there is a SW issue of compatibility? 

My guess is you have more than just a SW compatibility problem as you have a complete Garmin suite. I’m sure there are many similar installs out in the field flying around with Jepp data, charts and maps without the issues you have.

Philip…

Put this in the title….  “G3X turns into black screen”

That has a better chance of getting to everyone with a G3 to notice….  :)

Our Garmin guy around here is @TrekLawler… he can be found at BT (aka beech talk….)

Trek is a customer service guy on the internet for Garmin…

Best regards,

-a-