SOLD Avidyne IFD550 With a new tray and new connectors Sold

Frank B.

Hello,
I have for sale an Avidyne IFD550 that’s currently installed in my A36. It works perfect and has ZERO issues. What am I replacing it with? Another IFD550. Why am I changing it? As you can see I have two IFD550’s installed. One is a 2017 SN M171910086, and the other one is a 2021 year model. At some point, I am not sure when, Avidyne changed their screen mfg and also changed the screen color from the light green with an earth tone background to blue with a silver background. I personally like the green and earth tone screen colors better but they are no longer available. While I am personally a little OCD, and the difference in the screen colors irked me just a little, since the two units are right beside each other, this week I answered for the umpteenth time . “Why are your screens two different colors”, so I decided it’s time to make them match in color. I have found a new 2022 IFD550 that has the blue screen to match my other unit. I am selling this unit with the new tray and new connector kit that comes with the new IFD550. Anyone reading this probably already knows that this unit has SVS as well as built in AHRS and it will be shipped with the most current version of all maps including terrain as well as the most current charts available at the time of the sale. Additionally most know that this unit is marketed as a direct slide in replacement for your old GNS530W and that is ALMOST true. Depending on your configuration you may have to add one or two wires in order to get traffic and weather on the screen. It’s something to do with the way Avidyne transmits the data on parallel wires where GARMIN does it on one wire maybe? I also happen to have a digital copy of the “self change out manual” that Avidyne no longer makes available to the public as well as the instructions as to where to add that wire. My price is you pick it up at KOMN or I will include UPS shipping to the CONUS for FREE but YOU must pay for any shipping insurance that you may want over and above UPS standard and included insurance. Anyone serious can email me for high resolution images so you can see that the screen is perfect or I am willing to FaceTime with anyone to show them that the IFD works perfect. Also, this unit does still qualify for the Avidyne Aeroplan Warranty. The SN is listed above you you can verify that the unit is NOT on Avidyne’s black list.  This unit will be shipped with the newest AVI OS 10.3.0.2 Rev 2 loaded if you want it loaded.
If requested, it can also come with the completed log book entry sticker, but if this unit is being utilized in a certified aircraft it will require that you have your A&P sign off the log book entry. 

I can also supply the wiring diagram that shows where the two wires are to get installed into the existing plug if you are doing a direct replacement of a GARMIN GNS530W. (The wires are for weather and traffic I believe and MAYBE only required if connecting it to a GTX345, please verify). I can also supply you with the settings, depending on your particular configuration and help you get the unit registered with Avidyne so it displays your N number. It’s a very simple and very quick installation and setup.

Thanks, Frank

6AED644F-16D9-4C6E-9185-E87D34B3D5EF.jpeg

494CCD12-F446-4AF1-ADCF-7275F3F1D32F.jpeg

• Frank B. changed the title to FD: Avidyne IFD550 With a new tray and new connectors NEW PRICE $13,950.00
2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Frank,

While you are here…

What’s the latest update on the hangar build…?

:)

Best regards,

-a-

Hey -A-, glad that you asked. We are probably 95% complete. The first row of hangars, the 4 bay building has been wrapped up for several weeks and everyone has taken possession of their hangars.

building #2, the 6 bay building if probably at 95%+. They are painting the demising walls and we are waiting on the plumber and electrician to wrap things up in the flight rooms and the bath rooms so we can wrap up the drywall and the tile in those area. Then we have to wrap up the rest of the HVAC installation.

We feel fortunate that we had a very quick total sale out and all hangars are sold as of a few weeks ago.

One owner wants to lease his hangar out so we do have one hangar available for lease that we can coordinate.

In the very near future I will be making a post over in the real-estate section. I have about 3/4 of an acre left and I would like to do a “build to suit” project on. Preferably an aviation business. I can build up to about 20,000 sq ft there but I am limited to about 30 ft in height due to its proximity to the VOR and the runway. I would also consider doing a sublease on that property where someone can build what they want as long as it conforms to FAA and municipal standards, and of course the design would have to be approved by our condo association. We have tried to keep the project first class and want to make sure that what ever gets built on that parcel matches what we have already built as far as quality and ascetics go.

I have been keeping it 66° in my hangar every since I moved in ….  just because I can …. and never could before ……  and it has made a remarkable difference in my Florida summer,  hangar flying and cocktail hour! 

Thanks, Frank

• Thanks 1

• Frank B. changed the title to SOLD Avidyne IFD550 With a new tray and new connectors Sold