Should I bring the wife?

Red Leader

My wife wants to come with me to the Mooney Summit in Tampa but never having been to the Mooney anything before, I don't know what to expect. I am excited about the classes and aviation discussions we are going to have over those couple of days, but my Mrs. isn't really into airplanes - she reads a book when travelling and isn't wild about going for a casual flight. I am concerned she will be bored. Should I bring her? Are there activities in which the ladies (who aren't interested in attending the talks) could be happy engaging in?

Most of the registered attendee's are bringing their wives/significant others. While there are not any spousal activities set up or planned, I have yet to see a group of non flying spouses not come up with something to do. Tampa is full of fun things, Yibor City in downtown Tampa is a great place to spend a bit of time, and if they are wanting to see the ocean, the #1 rated beach in clearwater is close. She will def. want to attend the Sun Eve reception where Walter Dodge of Kelly Aerospace will be the pitmaster who hails from just up the road from Shelby Co. (great airport, I have trained a couple of new Mooney owners there)

Most of the registered attendee's are bringing their wives/significant others. While there are not any spousal activities set up or planned, I have yet to see a group of non flying spouses not come up with something to do. Tampa is full of fun things, Yibor City in downtown Tampa is a great place to spend a bit of time, and if they are wanting to see the ocean, the #1 rated beach in clearwater is close. She will def. want to attend the Sun Eve reception where Walter Dodge of Kelly Aerospace will be the pitmaster who hails from just up the road from Shelby Co. (great airport, I have trained a couple of new Mooney owners there)

Can I bring my wife as well?

1c5b069869f6a7c7c72ed29e4e861932.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 7:47 PM, Red Leader said:

My wife wants to come with me to the Mooney Summit in Tampa but never having been to the Mooney anything before, I don't know what to expect. I am excited about the classes and aviation discussions we are going to have over those couple of days, but my Mrs. isn't really into airplanes - she reads a book when travelling and isn't wild about going for a casual flight. I am concerned she will be bored. Should I bring her? Are there activities in which the ladies (who aren't interested in attending the talks) could be happy engaging in?

Bring her! She sounds like my wife, they can hang out together and do non-airplane things. 

And you'll get credit for taking her to Florida.  ;)

Edit--just turned my tablet to landscape and saw your info. Howdy, neighbor!

Bring the spouse!

At least once…

Up til now…  they think you are part of a secret society that types on their iPads all day… :)

The fun part… you will know a bunch of people that you won’t be able to recognize….

It will be completely normal to read peoples’ name tags… wait a second, and then realize how you remember them….

it’s been so long since everyone was at a large gathering of Mooneys…. You might have memory challenges going back that far…. :)

Soooo… use the opportunity to read name tags as if it is the normal method….

We have a few non-flying husbands that get dragged into this stuff as well….  :) (Reminds me…. is @Hyett6420 going to be in town?)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1