GAMI Unleaded gets approval

Joe Larussa

10 hours ago, 201Mooniac said:

I'm based at Reid Hillview (RHV) and AFAIK we only have Swift 94UL, I haven't seen nor heard of any G100UL as of yet.

Keep us posted when you get it and tell us what you think once you have tried some. You will be no doubt one of the first places to get it. 

10 minutes ago, toto said:

That link goes to a registration wall - is there another link?

Edited to direct to the STC sale site.

Now, do I have the first Mooney STC?????

FYI, you actually purchase two STCs.  One for the airframe and one for the engine.

For my 22/Encore (TSIOO_360-SB), it was $90 for the airframe STC and $400 for the engine STC.

It seems you will get fuel placards for each filler port and one placard for the engine.

3 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Edited to direct to the STC sale site.

Now, do I have the first Mooney STC?????

Very interesting, thank you!  I'd be right behind you, but I don't know my engine serial number off the top of my head :)   Have to look that up tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

So much for the stc being about $1 per hp. Guess the price per gallon will also be over inflated by about as much. 

This is definitely the point where you say:  Wait, how many years till I can actually buy this stuff?  $400+ is a lot of money for a sticker with a picture of a fuel nozzle on it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Will.iam said:

Keep us posted when you get it and tell us what you think once you have tried some. You will be no doubt one of the first places to get it. 

I’m at kpoc.  Few months ago. Survey went out about 100ll availability and the new lead free options. The letter / survey made it seem likely that the county would be moving to implement lead free fuel at all county run airports. (They recently took over anything that wasn’t privately owned from a 3rd party management)

I would expect all S California airports to be early in this distribution. 

Just wondering, what is the last digits of your order number?  Seeing how fast they are selling STCs.

Mine is 0006

FYI, it is about $2 per HP.

Interesting question on transferring the STC to another engine.  Either another of the same or a different dash number.

And if the STC is specific to that engine, can you transfer it if you sell the engine?

5 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

Just wondering, what is the last digits of your order number?  Seeing how fast they are selling STCs.

Mine is 0006

FYI, it is about $2 per HP.

Interesting question on transferring the STC to another engine.  Either another of the same or a different dash number.

And if the STC is specific to that engine, can you transfer it if you sell the engine?

Mine is 0007.  Luckily I have recent scans of the logs from my purchasing the plane.  So the S/N was quick to find!

33 minutes ago, Pinecone said:

FYI, there is a rebate on your first fill up with G100UL if you purchase the STC before Feb 1, 2023.   They will rebate up to $100 of your fuel purchase.

https://g100ul.com/discount.html

It seems FBOs have been slow to repair self-service fuel pumps that have issues. I wonder if G100UL coming to California makes them not want to invest in something that will probably need to be replaced or modified.

Anyone know the process for going from 100LL to 100UL? Can they use the same tank and pump or does everything have to be cleaned or replaced?

6 minutes ago, ilovecornfields said:

It seems FBOs have been slow to repair self-service fuel pumps that have issues. I wonder if G100UL coming to California makes them not want to invest in something that will probably need to be replaced or modified.

Anyone know the process for going from 100LL to 100UL? Can they use the same tank and pump or does everything have to be cleaned or replaced?

One of the better aspects of g100ul was that it can be mixed at any percentage with 100ll.  What that will mean for actual operations though?  Good question.

12 hours ago, Will.iam said:

Will definitely update when I can try it out.  I asked the airport folks recently and they didn't seem to know anything about it either.

1 hour ago, ilovecornfields said:

No, but to get self serve going, hit the E-Stop and then pull the button back out. It reboots the computer and so far has gotten them all working.

4 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

No, but to get self serve going, open the bottom cabinet if it is unlocked and turn all the circuit breakers off then on. If the cabinet is locked, hit the E-Stop and then pull the button back out.

Good to know. I just got an email from the airport a few minutes ago. They’ll be supplying Swift 94UL. Not helpful to me with an IO-550 so I asked them about G100UL. Their response was “I don’t know.”

I think I’ll wait to buy the STC until I can actually use it.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ragedracer1977 said:

I think I’ll hold off.  They want $1200 for mine

Our local self-service operator already said they're not going to be an early adopter and will wait until things are safely deployed and stable before switching, so we have time.   Since there seems to be gov't and industry effort to have multiple solutions, and Swift is also selling their STC now, but for $100, I think it's worth waiting to see what really shakes out.

I suspect I may be one of the last to change if the STCs prices and availability don't get sorted out better.   If people have to buy multiple STCs in order to travel it's going to be a mess for implementation.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Our local self-service operator already said they're not going to be an early adopter and will wait until things are safely deployed and stable before switching, so we have time.   Since there seems to be gov't and industry effort to have multiple solutions, and Swift is also selling their STC now, but for $100, I think it's worth waiting to see what really shakes out.

I suspect I may be one of the last to change if the STCs prices and availability don't get sorted out better.   If people have to buy multiple STCs in order to travel it's going to be a mess for implementation.

Me, too.