Mooney Paint Schemes

Bigdaddie

I saw a really cool military style paint job in a Mooney parked in front of Dugosh at KERV today, unfortunately it looks to be the victim of a prop strike.  I'll try to remember to get a picture on Friday, it was really well done.

2 hours ago, bcg said:

I saw a really cool military style paint job in a Mooney parked in front of Dugosh at KERV today, unfortunately it looks to be the victim of a prop strike.  I'll try to remember to get a picture on Friday, it was really well done.

It wouldn’t happen to be this one would it?

D7F5F4D1-E1B8-4A63-A438-BBA9E7287593.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Will.iam said:

It wouldn’t happen to be this one would it?

D7F5F4D1-E1B8-4A63-A438-BBA9E7287593.jpeg

No, it's more of a camo pattern and where the star is it has M on one side and 20 on the other.  That one looks really good as well though.

13 hours ago, Will.iam said:

Your tail looks very far forward even the line bends up. Are you full nose up trim there?

12 hours ago, Pinecone said:

Yes.

One thing I do before I get out of the airplane after a flight is return the elevator trim to the T/O position and make sure my rudder trim is at least a little to the R of center.

I usually land nose up (not all the way up in case of a go-around). Especially with the higher HP Mooneys, on the next flight, I don't want to pop off the ground on take-off nose full up. Although the pre take-off checklist would cover that, it's easy to miss something. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

Is there any benefit in regards to spring tension by resetting the trim for takeoff compared to leaving it in a more nose up setting?

The trim is not very linear…

inside the T/O range covers the usual WnB ranges.

Going outside the box gets into the accidental T/O power on stall regime… especially as the plane accelerates…

If the rigging is off because springs are worn…. Then you are your own test pilot… until things are back in proper rig…

PP thoughts only, not a CFI…

Best regards,

-a-

That‘a always part of my post landing checklist after I’m off the runway: lights (as required), flaps up, trim set for takeoff, mixture leaned, transponder to ground. 

Basically set up for next time, and verified as with my pre takeoff checklist. Good habits build good luck I think!

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, Bigdaddie said:

I'm trying to narrow down a paint scheme for my M20K.

I'd like to see suggestions and PICs of airplanes that made you go WOW!  Here's one that I like but needs to be tweeked.

Steve

Paint.jpg

This is our M20K, similar theme as above

LEZ.jpg.247e42b29025b98c6414d494ec7f1e70.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 9:31 AM, bcg said:

This is the one at KERV.PXL_20220902_125341696.jpgPXL_20220902_125330512.jpgPXL_20220902_125405027.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Neat paint job except not a fan of the yellow at the cowling what is up with that? And is it just the parallax of the way that first picture was taken or is the prop bent?

especially the prop furthest from the camera. Looks like its curled back. 

48 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

Neat paint job except not a fan of the yellow at the cowling what is up with that? And is it just the parallax of the way that first picture was taken or is the prop bent?

especially the prop furthest from the camera. Looks like its curled back. 

The prop is definitely bent, I think it's there because of a prop strike.  I didn't see any damage on the underside, it doesn't look like a gear up.  Maybe the bounced it?  Broke my heart when I saw the prop.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:19 AM, Marc_B said:

That‘a always part of my post landing checklist after I’m off the runway: lights (as required), flaps up, trim set for takeoff, mixture leaned, transponder to ground. 

Basically set up for next time, and verified as with my pre takeoff checklist. Good habits build good luck I think!

You guys are killing me! One poor fella posts a picture of his beautiful airplane and somebody notices the trim setting and the whole thread gets derailed to a sermon series on trim setting!  William, ya don’t have ta mention everything ya  might notice. We do need that hamburger run!!

Torrey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

That's a sad one.   It was a fatal taxi accident.

http://www.kathrynsreport.com/search?q=N21BS

The story got updated….  Still sad, but makes more sense to the onlookers….

“UPDATE: The pilot died from a cardiac-related emergency that was not caused by the crash, according to the city of Kerrville.”

Fatality occurred, prior to the accident… or independently of the accident…

It would be really helpful if we could recognize a heart attack While it is happening… and know how many minutes we have to get things done…. :)

Depending on the situation… we may get a few minutes of TUC….

I found the paint scheme had one really interesting part… the tail number running across the tail and rudder…. The last digits look a bit funny as the rudder is deflected…

Best regards,

-a-