Mooney Paint Schemes

Bigdaddie

Yeah I'm not sure why the "A" on the tail for Acclaim on a K model. 

They copied it off an Acclaim, I did something similar, but I move the stripes lower so they didn’t get split by the back windows. I kept all the stripes off the control surfaces as well because I didn’t want to add extra weight to them. And kept the stripes off the handles/locks.

d0efd3521a140c542f643a5d95462999.jpg
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

They copied it off an Acclaim, I did something similar, but I move the stripes lower so they didn’t get split by the back windows. I kept all the stripes off the control surfaces as well because I didn’t want to add extra weight to them. And kept the stripes off the handles/locks.

d0efd3521a140c542f643a5d95462999.jpg

Looks good Tom.  What do they call that blue, is a Sherwin-Williams color?  I don't know why people run the stripes through the rear windows.  I also am going to keep color changes from the cowling mounting surfaces.

Looks good Tom.  What do they call that blue, is a Sherwin-Williams color?  I don't know why people run the stripes through the rear windows.  I also am going to keep color changes from the cowling mounting surfaces.

Don’t know, I picked it out of a sample book of 100s of colors. I think it’s pretty close to Royal Blue.

We’re going to need to see some good letter designs to beat the Acclaim’s A!

+1 For GMB’s K…

There have been some memorable designs around here over the years…

…and some copies that ruffled some feathers….  Watch for trade mark or design infringement….

Selecting colors is also interesting…

The brightest paint job belonged to MTL… he went with bright orange on the BMW design group’s layout…. Find @orangemtl

Selecting a tail number is always cool… find the Pi plane…. Look close for the decimal point in the tail number… @aviatoreb

Nicest reds and wavy checkers…. Byron must have worked extra hard perfecting their layout… @jetdriven

Finest refresh of original art… @Bob_Belville really dressed up his forever-plane…. It looked new from the factory…

Keep in mind there are many really cool paint schemes and color selections around here including a really nice Ovation in Canada…

These are just the few that came immediately to mind….

Spend a lot of time on the design layout… Forever planes last a really long time…. :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, carusoam said:

We’re going to need to see some good letter designs to beat the Acclaim’s A!

+1 For GMB’s K…

There have been some memorable designs around here over the years…

…and some copies that ruffled some feathers….  Watch for trade mark or design infringement….

Selecting colors is also interesting…

The brightest paint job belonged to MTL… he went with bright orange on the BMW design group’s layout…. Find @orangemtl

Selecting a tail number is always cool… find the Pi plane…. Look close for the decimal point in the tail number… @aviatoreb

Nicest reds and wavy checkers…. Byron must have worked extra hard perfecting their layout… @jetdriven

Finest refresh of original art… @Bob_Belville really dressed up his forever-plane…. It looked new from the factory…

Keep in mind there are many really cool paint schemes and color selections around here including a really nice Ovation in Canada…

These are just the few that came immediately to mind….

Spend a lot of time on the design layout… Forever planes last a really long time…. :)

Best regards,

-a-

I get to post my picture twice in one day thanks to Anthony's call outs

IMG_4880.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

Yes, that's me--zoom in, you can almost recognize me flying. The paint was done two owners before me.

Once upon a time, I saw another Mooney with the same design in shades of blue. Wish I had a taken a picture!