N1996J found its new home at CHA!

Well our new (and first) plane was delivered and closed on this Friday!  Going to be pretty painful to see her sitting there 2-3 times a week while I finish up my PPL, but that’s the price of seizing a great opportunity rather than doing everything in the “right order”. Thankful for all the things I’ve learned here on MS so far!

2E32E8DE-B0A9-4498-A482-2AF7EBBA9D01.jpeg

D98B8E0B-82B8-4243-A118-2E6233D6D4C7.jpeg

1C69E8FC-8826-40B0-B588-E13FB999886B.jpeg

EA21E868-5E4A-49C9-942A-16C50491D9C5.jpeg

9C1A6408-4C07-497A-B5C4-A669FE2C9569.jpeg

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, DCarlton said:

Mind sharing where you found it?  How it was marketed?  Newer J's are few and far between.  

It was actually on eBay of all places, with a reference to the auction posted on TAP later. Older pilot that was just getting out and was poorly marketed but a excellent plane with a fresh annual and two iPad pros thrown in too. Previous owner also filled the tanks up and delivered it 400 miles to me for just his return ticket home. I’m new to aviation…but far from the typical transaction.  Very happy

• Like 3

Woo-hoo! Congratulations, and welcome to the club.

I found my Mooney at the XC stage of PPL training, but didn't buy it until after my checkride. 

Good luck with your training, and be sure to get transition training for your new Mooney, too.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, Parker_Woodruff said:

Have a pro pilot keep it exercised while you finish your private.  You're a passenger only.  Then amend or re-write the policy to allow for owner-flown operations.

It's often the only viable option.

Thanks!

On 9/1/2022 at 5:05 PM, Criticalcarecohen said:

Hey! Welcome to the Mooney World!

I am local to you if your from the Chattanooga area and my plane is based at FGU for now. Let me know if you need anything. Are you training at CHA? Crystal Air?

All the best

AC

Thanks! I’m new to the area and training with Hixson Aviation at CHA. Looked at basing at FGU but waiting lists were too long