Silent Auction Items - JUST ADDED!

Rick Junkin

Here's a very special and unique item up for bid in this year's Silent Auction, a handcrafted quilt created and donated by Teresa Covington. Our own @jcovington is her husband. Bidding is open to all, and you can register at:

https://app.galabid.com/summit8auction/items

MooneySummitQuilt.jpeg.4fddc6e62f03c76ff5db83c3712da847.jpegQuiltClose-up.jpeg.a6f3b70f03433d814c0056362e55eca9.jpeg

• Like 6

We have an Anonymous donor donate 100 Raffle tickets to our silent auction! Win this auction item and you will be entered 100 times into our raffle! Winners need not be present this year and this is a great way to get in the raffle if you cannot come. 

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

On Teresa’s beautiful art work….

Are the tail numbers color coded to the actual planes?

:)

Go Mooney Summit Auction!

-a-

Yes they are! Teresa did a significant amount of work researching the tail numbers to find the color scheme of each airplane. This is indeed a very special and unique work of her quilting craft.

Cheers and happy bidding,
Rick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rick Junkin said:

Yes they are! Teresa did a significant amount of work researching the tail numbers to find the color scheme of each airplane. This is indeed a very special and unique work of her quilting craft.

Rick

To expand on Rick's comments a bit. There are over 90 tail numbers that are hand appliqued and in almost all cases they match the paint scheme of the owners airplane. There were a few cases where she could not find a photo of the plane so those had to be generic. There was one or two cases where planes had been painted and the scheme changed.

Teresa did a nice job on the quilt. Everything on the quilt is designed around or about airplanes. The tail numbers are hand appliqued, the Mooney logo and Mooney Summit logo are accurate and used with permission, the backing fabric is custom created using the Mooney airplane outline. It is hard to see in the pictures but the Mooney airplane has the panel lines hand drawn on the wings and fuselage. The quilting is a wind pattern. It has a hanging sleeve so that the quilt can be hung and displayed as a wall hanging. Just some of the features that you can see when it is displayed during Mooney Summit.

Please indulge me a moment while I brag on my wife. Teresa has been quilting a long time and has made well over a hundred quilts (I will never be cold as I have lots of quilts to keep me warm :)). She has donated quite a few as raffle prizes and fund raisers at events. She has given quite a few to friends and family as mementos of time spent with them. She has won many awards for her work as well as having one of her quilts adjudicated to be hung in the Huntsville Museum of Art as part of a special showing. This quilt took her longer to complete than any others that she has done. It is a one of a kind piece and there won't ever be another one.

I am proud that I had a small part in the drawing of the custom backing fabric. First time I have ever participated in any of her quilts.

Jim

• Like 6

• Rick Junkin changed the title to Silent Auction Items - JUST ADDED!
On 8/31/2022 at 8:06 AM, Rick Junkin said:

Rick

And while I was picking up the "steeenkin badges" from Pedro's garage, He told me of a Teresa Covington quilt he has hanging in his house. Her work is revered by the Porsche community as well as the Mooney Community!

There are a lot of great items on the Mooney Summit Silent auction that are trending way cheaper than they should.  Consider supporting your community and getting some great aviation products at the same time. No, you do not have to be at the summit to win!

pedro's quilt.jpg

• Like 1