Off The Market - 1966 M20E "Queenie"

211º

A somewhat unorthidox method to sell a Mooney.

I've owned N6061Q since 2016 and have been quite happy with her. This fall we will have five in college and we will also be moving - I'm beginning to think more about cash flow.

I fly the heck out of "Queenie" (link below) and pat her on the nose after each flight with a note of gratitude. I fly a lot of IFR, but not down to the deck - my personal minimums are 1,500 feet and 3 miles at landing (800 ft and 3 miles taking off). I think of her like my 2007 Toyota Corolla hangar car with 256,000 miles - not the prettiest, but faithful and gets me where I'm going. I fly her LOP (7.0 to 7.5 gph - 21/2350 or 2400) the vast majority of the time and usually on long-ish cross countries.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N6061Q/history

Here is the unorthodox moment:

I'm going to list for $65,000 if you want to go to the normal route and would feel better with pre-buy inspection and to haggle and stuff. That is ok.

But, if you would like a plane that has some of her lipstick faded, but is an honest airplane and a good mode of transportation, then we would agree of $47,500 firm without the pre-buy and haggling. Youl'll need to meet or talk to me to get a feel for trusting me to make this work for you (this is the way that I've purchased two airplanes and while different from most, it has worked out well for me).

Some of the things that I've learned about her are over here: https://windfield.farm (then click on "Mooney" in upper right corner)

Here is the list of her attributes. When we talk, I'll go into detail on the things that I would change or that I keep track of (oil use, prop with AD, engine past suggested overhaul come to mind initially).

TTAF: about 7,000; TSOH: about 2,100

If we didn't have five in school this fall, I would plan on flying her until 2,500 TSOH (with about 85% confidence of getting there) and everything after 2,500 would be gravy

Attributes:
Tanks resealed in 2021 by Paul at Weep No More
Transponder: GTX 345
Artificial Horizon: G5
IFR GPS: Garmin GPS 155 TSO
Brittian AP - Altitude hold works well (HDG wanders left and right)
EDM 730

N6061Q - 1b.jpeg

N6061Q - 4.jpeg

N6061Q - 1e.jpeg

N6061Q - 2.jpeg

N6061Q - 1d.jpeg

N6061Q - 1a.jpegN6061Q - 3.jpeg

N6061Q - 1c.jpeg

N6061Q - 6.jpeg

N6061Q - 7.jpeg

N6061Q - 8.jpeg

N6061Q - 5.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

December has been quite busy and I've not been here for a while. My guess is that anyone who initially posts their plane for sale (without purchasing another one) will have seller's remorse.  In short, I'm keeping her - there really isn't a better model of plane out there.

Some planes get the grade of A in many categories, but then D's in several others.  The M20E is a solid "above average" B (at a minimum) in all categories.

Sorry in advance for the quasi bait-and-pull-back.

• Like 5

• 211º changed the title to Off The Market - 1966 M20E "Queenie"