Mooney Porsche PFM Parts/Engine

17 hours ago, drstephensugiono said:

I guess someone from Utah is buying Mooney Porsche N144MP for almost twice as much as what I can buy it for tells me the buyer is a PorschePhile or knows nothing much about the Porsche engine.
If one of the distributor housing cracks, the plane is grounded!
If the valve springs breaks, it’s grounded!
If the reduction gear has too much slack, it’s grounded!
If one of the electronic ignition fails, it’s grounded!
My Porsche mechanic looked at the books/microfiche/parts manual that I accumulated and he said not much is interchangeable!
I guess I was almost willing to pay $45k and take my chances but it sold for $75k.

Congratulations!!

Regarding the buyer paying $75,000 for this - anyone with that type of judgment shouldn't be allowed to fly. Thankfully with this airplane that shouldn't be a problem.:)

The Seller got exactly what he was looking for in a buyer - someone who knows nothing about the Porsche engine. If the buyer really wants to fly a Porsche engine long term - he'll have more chance of success bolting the M20L wing on a 911 Turbo :)

• Like 1

Holy cats! 75K for that airplane? We are talking 144MP the one i took pictures of rotting on the ramp right? Because the pictures from that ad awhile back is not the condition this plane is in now. Reminds me of the 80’s captain Ron movie with Kurt Russell where this guy inherited a boat that looked great in the 10 year old photo but when he arrived it was dilapidated junk that was somehow floating.  

Holy cats! 75K for that airplane? We are talking 144MP the one i took pictures of rotting on the ramp right? Because the pictures from that ad awhile back is not the condition this plane is in now. Reminds me of the 80’s captain Ron movie with Kurt Russell where this guy inherited a boat that looked great in the 10 year old photo but when he arrived it was dilapidated junk that was somehow floating.  

I agreed for $45k and Was going in escrow then realized it could be a paper weight so I offered $35,000 when some brave person from Utah offered $75,000 LOL and seller took it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, drstephensugiono said:

I agreed for $45k and Was going in escrow then realized it could be a paper weight so I offered $35,000 when some brave person from Utah offered $75,000 LOL and seller took it

Fate has blessed you.  ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, drstephensugiono said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the buyer is getting a pre-buy done on it - you'll be getting a phone call that the deal fell through and he's willing to split the difference with you at $40,000. Stay strong - that call is coming!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...