SOLD! Pending Inspection; 1982 M20K N1157L Up For Sale (First Come-First Served!) $140,000.00

Asking $140,000.00 

1982 Mooney M20K SN 25-0654

Hello all! A big thank you to this community! I LOVE my Mooney, but alas, we are moving up to a C-340A as our mission has grown. 

Back story then the details. I purchased N1157L from the US Marshal's Service in 2018 without log books. Since then, have got her airworthy. Props were overhauled, engine overhauled, panel updated, and the interior refurbished. Roughly 325 hrs since prop overhaul (2108), Roughly 325 hrs since Engine overhaul (2018). The only thing she needs to be a beauty queen is a paint job. Equipped as listed below:

TSIO-360LB WITH Intercooler and Merlyn BlackMagic wastegate

McCauley 2 blade prop

Aspen 2000 MAX dual screen system with SV and newer battery back-up system (Installed 2020, battery upgrade 5/2022)

Garmin G5 Back-up Display

Davtron Electronic clock

uAvionix AV20S Mini-Display/AOA

PSE PMA8000BT Audio Panel with BOSE Lemo plugs x 4 (front & back)

GNS530W main GPS/Nav/Com

GNS430 secondary GPS/Nav/Com

King KAP-150 Autopilot (GPSS via the Aspen) - flies approaches great!

Garmin GTX 330ES transponder with ADSB-out

JPI 830 Engine Monitor with Fuel Flow, and TIT

Separate JPI TIT Display and Intercooler Displays

Flap Gap Seals

One Piece Belly skin

Precise Flight Electric Speed Brakes

Monroy Extended-range tanks (Total 115gals)

LED Nav/Position lights & Landing Lights

Plumbed for O2, but no tank currently installed

LASAR steering Pin upgrade & Tie-down/jack point kit.

Upgraded DonMuncey Visors

Recent updates: Tx/Pito-Static check completed in May 2022, New nose tire last year, new mains 2 weeks ago during annual. Will also update post with compressions from annual this month. Will update listing with pics of interior as well. Damage hx: Nov 2018, runway excursion, required reskinning of one panel on left wing and led into the engine overhaul due to prop strike inspection. 

We have flown to Florida multiple times, to Bahamas on at least 4 occasions and to Turks & Caicos once. Flies great. With the O2 tank out, I plan 900# useful load. Look our trips up on FlightAware!

Based in middle Tennessee at KSRB Sparta-Upper Cumberland regional airport, feel free to come in to look it over, take a test flight, review the 4 year old logs(!!) and just admire beautiful middle Tennessee! Call or text: (931) 434-1915 or email: drh@edenonbroad.com

-Charlie Huddleston

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

Edited by CharlesHuddleston
Sold!

58 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

You still have the protective plastic on the Aspens in the pictures, and is there some reason the 1 Aspen isn’t working?

Good luck!

Took those pics after the install! Need to take some more, but I've too busy flying rather than taking pics to sell! I assure you, they both work. :)

2 hours ago, Schllc said:

r happened to your turbine venture?

Never took off. The TBO on the engines that are coming to market were still not high enough to make it cost-effective. They were hoping to get the hours up once they had some more time under their belt. I still believe it would be a great mating! M20 airframe and a 200-300 hp turboprop… ahh, one can still dream. 

• Like 1

• CharlesHuddleston changed the title to SOLD! Pending Inspection; 1982 M20K N1157L Up For Sale (First Come-First Served!) $140,000.00
On 9/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, Rotorhead said:

Just curios, what was the thought with the Aspen, G5 and AV-30? G5 to get rid of vacuum and AV-20 for its 'other' capabilities besides artificial horizon??

100%. Although now, is you go with an Aspen 2000 MAX system, you don't need a 3rd display to successfully get rid of the vacuum and acts as back-up. I had initially planned on the AV30 acting as the back-up AI, but alas, was told by my avionics shop that it was 'informational only' and not certified as an AI. that led to the G5. 

• Like 1