Went flying yesterday and today FAA sent me this:

Will.iam

I got a new ipad and had to relearn how to sync it up to the garmin GTX 345 but i got it working and went for a flight. Is there a possibility I accidentally turned off something in the 345 to make the FAA send me a notice?  I remember when the ADS-B mandate came out for 2020 that quite a few planes were not sending out codes correctly. Is this the same issue or something different? And why all of a sudden i get one after flying for almost 2 years without issue. Would i call garmin or garmin dealer to troubleshoot this issue?

31BFB40B-A29D-40E6-8044-9DBA2F4E6780.png

I don't think that was meant for you personally.  I receive those as well.  Read it and it will show that It is a special alert that was put out due to midair collision in Alaska in 2019.  The FAA states at the bottom that it is a special alert to make sure ADS-B manufacturers are meeting TSO requirements.

• Like 2

Ok whew! I had flown yesterday on the 17th and i guess when i clicked on the link it said it was issued on the 17th. I incorrectly assumed that it was due to my flight and it was addressed to just me but i see now it’s just a generic email that just by coincidence was sent out on the 17th and they blind copy all the recipients for privacy issues. 
thanks for the clarification. 

15 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

Ok whew! I had flown yesterday on the 17th and i guess when i clicked on the link it said it was issued on the 17th. I incorrectly assumed that it was due to my flight and it was addressed to just me but i see now it’s just a generic email that just by coincidence was sent out on the 17th and they blind copy all the recipients for privacy issues. 
thanks for the clarification. 

If you’re curious, pull your papr adsb report from yesterday and check out your results.

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

Thanks for the link. Filling out that FAA request form is crazy through asking how it was installed where and by which company. Surprised they didn’t request a DNA sample to go along with that. 

Yeah it’s a little, but do your best and I’ve found it to work well and be quick.  Not too bad for the govt.  

17 minutes ago, Will.iam said:

Thanks for the link. Filling out that FAA request form is crazy through asking how it was installed where and by which company. Surprised they didn’t request a DNA sample to go along with that. 

They only require a DNA sample if your ADS-B fails....:D

18 minutes ago, Ragsf15e said:

Yeah it’s a little, but do your best and I’ve found it to work well and be quick.  Not too bad for the govt.  

well amazing the report came in even before the 30 min mark and i had zero misses / drop outs but then again i live next to dfw in the mode C vail so there should not be any. 
glad to verify nothing wrong here move along now. 

• Like 1

If you’re curious, pull your papr adsb report from yesterday and check out your results.
https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRRequest.aspx

Okay smarty pants. I requested the report for a 2 hour flight on the 12th and it can back in 2 minutes. Since I’m a lazy Mooney owner, can you tell me what reporting block(s) says “I’z good to go” or “hear comes the heat”?

There’s a lot of stuff on that report!
9e0170323e67686576d13586c6a135ff.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

33 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Okay smarty pants. I requested the report for a 2 hour flight on the 12th and it can back in 2 minutes. Since I’m a lazy Mooney owner, can you tell me what reporting block(s) says “I’z good to go” or “hear comes the heat”?

There’s a lot of stuff on that report!
9e0170323e67686576d13586c6a135ff.png

Ha!  I thought it use to have a pass/fail box, but clearly that was too easy.  Now they make you read the fine print on page 1 and instead of “pass/fail”, they used a 45 word sentence to describe pass/fail.

99C983DD-4D33-44E9-BFE3-1F164AEDDA54.jpeg.16fdbe7702693b1a6f0b434321e441b8.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha!  I thought it use to have a pass/fail box, but clearly that was too easy.  Now they make you read the fine print on page 1 and instead of “pass/fail”, they used a 45 word sentence to describe pass/fail.
99C983DD-4D33-44E9-BFE3-1F164AEDDA54.jpeg.16fdbe7702693b1a6f0b434321e441b8.jpeg

So, “I’z good to go!” giphy.gif

• Like 1