Stock Sun Visor

Bentonck

Good afternoon.... and hi to all of you after a while...

If you remember my Acclaim suffered a prop strike last year after me letting an employee borrow it... and it was down for almost a year due to supply issues.  It is finally up and running again with newly IRAN'd engine and a zero time (McCauley) prop.  900hrs TT... I had bought a King Air while the plane was down and have been flying that, planning to sell the Mooney when it (finally) came out of the shop but the gentleman I bought it from, who became a friend, called about buying it back while he is waiting for his new plane to arrive and we arrived at the conclusion we could both use the Mooney part-time so we worked out a deal for him to buy 50% and I keep access to PT-ALN... so that was good.

My friend, however, is much more of a nit picker than I on estetic greatness and so we have started putting the plane back into tip-top, it's going to have a repaint of the wings where some bubbles have formed and around wear areas (screws on the underside, the gear doors, etc) ... and the original sun visor that has the power settings on it I managed to break in half at some point during my tenure ... I think these are manufactured by Lasar but I can't find it in their catalogue (I have not called them yet) but we are looking to replace it with a new one.  Does anyone know where we could find one of these?  Is calling Lasar it?

Hope everyone is well, I have been lurking for a while and see new faces...

3 hours ago, Bentonck said:

If you remember my Acclaim suffered a prop strike last year after me letting an employee borrow it... and it was down for almost a year due to supply issues.  It is finally up and running again with newly IRAN'd engine and a zero time (McCauley) prop.  900hrs TT... I had bought a King Air while the plane was down and have been flying that, planning to sell the Mooney when it (finally) came out of the shop but the gentleman I bought it from, who became a friend, called about buying it back while he is waiting for his new plane to arrive and we arrived at the conclusion we could both use the Mooney part-time so we worked out a deal for him to buy 50% and I keep access to PT-ALN... so that was good.

My friend, however, is much more of a nit picker than I on estetic greatness and so we have started putting the plane back into tip-top, it's going to have a repaint of the wings where some bubbles have formed and around wear areas (screws on the underside, the gear doors, etc) ... and the original sun visor that has the power settings on it I managed to break in half at some point during my tenure ... I think these are manufactured by Lasar but I can't find it in their catalogue (I have not called them yet) but we are looking to replace it with a new one.  Does anyone know where we could find one of these?  Is calling Lasar it?

Mooney produced the original ones with the numbers on it. Check with a Mooney Service Center if you have to have that one.

3 hours ago, Bentonck said:

You can put a mccauley on an acclaim?