m20k 231 305 rocket fuel pump

goodyFAB

hoping someone will be able to help me identify a fuel pump for my 1979 m20k 231/305 rocket. 

it has the dukes pump, I am looking to get a replacement before we head back to the plane to bring her home ( plane is not currently near me or I would not be asking for a fuel pump model #)

the fuel pump number I found in my records must be for the engine driven pump as I'm striking out on the dukes pump. 

any help would be much appreciated. 

thanks 

I will attach a photo for visual id but it is useless for part number as I lifted it from a video.

it is imperative the replacement pump is a direct replacement as the plane is currently on a field that does not have public maintenance and we must bring in what we need. 

IMG_6174.PNG

Yikes…

At this rate things are falling off daily! :)

So…. 

see if I have this correct…

1) Plane is AOG…. (Aircraft on ground, unable to fly…)

2) Needs replacement Dukes electric fuel pump for the Rocket…

3) it is located….  Where? (Home field or away?)

Lets invite some people to the conversation….

1) @M20Doc a highly skilled mechanical genius…

2) @kortopates a highly knowledgable M20K owner/pilot…

3) @aviatoreb a highly knowledgable Rocket owner…

4) There are pre-flown parts suppliers around here as well….

And many more Rocket owners…

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

From the K model IPC, but this assumes the pump wasn’t changed as part of the Rocket conversion.

9DD6BF2B-B5F2-4D37-87CF-74B9A0847AD6.jpeg

152595F3-917E-452C-B371-0B66185A3126.jpeg

045FCFB3-1F78-411D-B3EB-ECAC902DCF2B.jpeg

thank you ! I spent sometime this morning going through the conversion paperwork and parts list, looks like the original pump stays with the k through the rocket conversion. Which is interesting considering the amount of fuel the 520 drinks, anyone ever use the pump in an emergency lol? can it keep up?

4140-00-19A matches the IPC/serial and the numbers barely visible in my video. I appreciate it very much. 

Remind me again where in the airplane the fuel pump is located.  I may have time later today to go to the hangar and put my eyes on my fuel pump.  I don't remember if the fuel pump became part of the rocket conversion or if it is an oem pump.  If it is part of the conversion, they should be plentiful as they tsio520nb stuff is in Cessna 340s, and 414's.

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Remind me again where in the airplane the fuel pump is located.  I may have time later today to go to the hangar and put my eyes on my fuel pump.  I don't remember if the fuel pump became part of the rocket conversion or if it is an oem pump.  If it is part of the conversion, they should be plentiful as they tsio520nb stuff is in Cessna 340s, and 414's.

that is really kind, but please don't! m20doc was kind enough too post the IPC and I matched my serial with the part number and confirmed through my video that the number matches. 

I do not believe the fuek oump is changed with the conversion unless I missed it somewhere but there no mention of it in the STC, PARTS catalogue, or instructions from rocket.

thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated. 

13 hours ago, carusoam said:

Yikes…

At this rate things are falling off daily! :)

So…. 

see if I have this correct…

1) Plane is AOG…. (Aircraft on ground, unable to fly…)

2) Needs replacement Dukes electric fuel pump for the Rocket…

3) it is located….  Where? (Home field or away?)

Lets invite some people to the conversation….

1) @M20Doc a highly skilled mechanical genius…

2) @kortopates a highly knowledgable M20K owner/pilot…

3) @aviatoreb a highly knowledgable Rocket owner…

4) There are pre-flown parts suppliers around here as well….

And many more Rocket owners…

Best regards,

-a-

the key is get everything that wants to fall off to do so on the ground!!! 

just wanted to say thanks for kicking this off, there's a ton of knowledge on this forum. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goodyFAB said:

that is really kind, but please don't! m20doc was kind enough too post the IPC and I matched my serial with the part number and confirmed through my video that the number matches. 

I do not believe the fuek oump is changed with the conversion unless I missed it somewhere but there no mention of it in the STC, PARTS catalogue, or instructions from rocket.

thank you all for your help, it is much appreciated. 

Ah well - I woulda done it!

On 8/15/2022 at 2:01 PM, goodyFAB said:

the key is get everything that wants to fall off to do so on the ground!!! 

just wanted to say thanks for kicking this off, there's a ton of knowledge on this forum. 

there is a ton of knowledgable and really helpful people around here…

Everybody has an answer for something…

Don’t be afraid to add your knowledge when the time comes…

:)

Go MS!

Best regards,

-a-