66 M20E armrest

Good Morning, I am the new proud owner of an M20E.  I have owned several Mooney’s in the past and am excited to rack up some time in this bird.  In a previous model that I owned, I had a 67F with manual gear and I purchased a pilot seat armrest on the right hand side.  It was folded up to allow the manual gear clearance.  Is there such a thing for the E model.  I can’t seem to find anything except the left side.  Any Help would be appreciated.

Mike

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Drmike said:

Good Morning, I am the new proud owner of an M20E.  I have owned several Mooney’s in the past and am excited to rack up some time in this bird.  In a previous model that I owned, I had a 67F with manual gear and I purchased a pilot seat armrest on the right hand side.  It was folded up to allow the manual gear clearance.  Is there such a thing for the E model.  I can’t seem to find anything except the left side.  Any Help would be appreciated.

Mike

Welcome aboard Mike!

I believe there is only one arm rest shared between the two seats… it is a bit oversized and attached to the pilot seat…

But, since the seats can be swapped from one side to the next… expect that hardware can be probably moved as well….

Trying to move the Johnson bar with the arm rest in position could get interesting…

My 65C didn’t have the arm rest….

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

If I put in an armrest, how would I reach the snacks & drinks (and occasional papers) that I keep there? Bottles and travel mugs slide naturally back to rest against the back seat, easily reachable in my C. 

Then again, I don't have a J-bar that swings through the space and blocks the floor in flight . . . .

• Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 7:27 AM, Drmike said:

Mike

Hi There, I looked for this addition a couple of years ago, and apparently Lasar sold a kit to add a movable arm rest to seats for aircraft with a johnson bar.  Unfortunately, when I tried to order it they no longer have/sell/fabricate the parts.  I think it involved a shaft and some sheet metal work.  This would be a good addition when reupholstering the seats, as one would need to cover and add foam to make them comfortable. 

• Like 1