Gear well gaps

Hi guys,
I cleaned the gunk off of the great well walls and painted the patchy areas. Covered some seams between metal sheets with speed tape. What do you do with the gaps in the picture? There are linkages behind them, so I think they were left to inspect and lube rod ends. But they'd allow water and oil get into the underbelly, creating the mess I clean at annuals. How do you cover them?

Thanks...

85AA45D9-C4E6-4B09-B861-9151E307E725.jpeg

1 hour ago, FlyingDude said:

How do you cover them?

I have a cover plate on the back wall of the nose wheel well.  I’m guessing factory since the paint overspray is the original base color.  

Canvas cloth patches are sometimes used to close out cavities.  Use contact cement to attach. 

image.jpeg.e39295adcf053985af31aeb6f4360d3a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FlyingDude said:

Are those sheet metal screws? 

Those are the same #4 screws the doghouse uses… there’s tinnerman nuts on the other side.

5 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I have always used aluminum tape.

Aluminum tape would be fine if you made sure it was well adhered.  You wouldn’t want it coming loose and getting caught up in any linkage, or falling out of the sky on some unsuspecting soul.  :) 

• Thanks 1