Hartzell TOP PROP avoid continuous operation specs

jezzie

I had to send my MVP-50 engine monitor back to EI for a new battery. In this process wanted the monitor updated to the Hartzell TOP PROP claim to eliminate that yellow arc to avoid continuous operation between 1950 and 2250. Need some help finding the documentation that states that.

Can't find this in the TOP PROP owners manual.

15 minutes ago, jezzie said:

I had to send my MVP-50 engine monitor back to EI for a new battery. In this process wanted the monitor updated to the Hartzell TOP PROP claim to eliminate that yellow arc to avoid continuous operation between 1950 and 2250. Need some help finding the documentation that states that.

Can't find this in the TOP PROP owners manual.

The installation manual that I have, INST_011007 for STC SA02414CH-D describes it in Item 4 in Instructions for Installation, noting that for a J model the tach only needs the red line and green arc, and also a specific note that the RPM restrictions of various ADs are alleviated.    If the propeller you are using installs under a different STC then the installation manual for that STC, or the STC itself, may indicate the tach marking details.

• Like 1

The range / rpm should be in the STC that was applied for the installation. The same prop can be installed in different planes and have different ranges . 

also, your POH should also include the information ( part of complying with an STC is to amend the POH when needed) 

if an STC was not used for the install, then the TCDS will have the markings required.