m20k TKS stall strip

goodyFAB

hi all , this is my first post here. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the stall strip (TKS) for the mooney m20k 1979 vintage is the same as any other aircraft so I can broaden my search for a stall strip. any help or advice would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

M20K305 sounds like a Rocket…

See if @aviatoreb is familiar with TKS strips getting free….

Best regards,

-a-

Yup - they can fall off!  Had one fall off in flight and fall right into Lake Michigan from 17k!  If anyone finds it please let me know and I will send my address.

In that case, one was not obtainable/available for like 4 months!

Best to add check the stall strips to your preflight - just touch them and make sure they are secure - no need to yank them - and perhaps re-glue them in any case at least every decade?

• Like 2

I had one break free, but there is also a feed tube behind it that connects in the back. Mine was dangling by the metal tube. I re-attached with the secret sauce adhesive, and redid the other at the same time as it was also loose.

If your came right off, there might be other damage with the missing tube, so a bit more than just gluing a new one on.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:26 PM, milotron said:

I had one break free, but there is also a feed tube behind it that connects in the back. Mine was dangling by the metal tube. I re-attached with the secret sauce adhesive, and redid the other at the same time as it was also loose.

If your came right off, there might be other damage with the missing tube, so a bit more than just gluing a new one on.

tube is good ! thanks