Proud new m20j owner

Djpayne07

Good evening everyone. I am proud to officially be apart of the Mooney owner club as the new owner of 1156P a 1981 M20J. As I am incredibly eager to to start making this beautiful bird my own, I was hoping some of you all might be willing to share with me your favorite resources for all things Mooney. 

I look forward to sharing my progress with you and getting to know everyone. 

Thanks in advance,

Dustin 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Djpayne07 said:

Good evening everyone. I am proud to officially be apart of the Mooney owner club as the new owner of 1156P a 1981 M20J. As I am incredibly eager to to start making this beautiful bird my own, I was hoping some of you all might be willing to share with me your favorite resources for all things Mooney. 

Thanks in advance,

Dustin 

Well, you’ve already discovered my favorite resource… which is MooneySpace :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Djpayne07 said:

Thanks in advance,

Dustin 

Welcome aboard Dustin,

You've come to a great group for knowledge.  Lots of people with broad experience in all subjects including Mooneys.

1 hour ago, Will.iam said:

Where does one get said manual?

One attends a MAPA PPP (Mooney Aircraft Pilots Assn. hosts Pilot Proficiency Programs scattered around the country. The next one is at Oshkosh in mid-Sept.

It's a great program, and you will learn a LOT about how to operate and care for your.new Mooney. 

• Like 3

I see you are based in Ormond Beach. I would encourage you to attend some of the monthly Florida Mooney luncheons, which are held on the second Saturday of the month. Lots of knowledgeable people with a wide assortment of Mooney's parked on the ramp. The next one is this coming Saturday at KOBE at 11:30. It's always a good time.

To get on the mailing list, contact Dave: daveanruth@aol.com

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

I see you are based in Ormond Beach. I would encourage you to attend some of the monthly Florida Mooney luncheons, which are held on the second Saturday of the month. Lots of knowledgeable people with a wide assortment of Mooney's parked on the ramp. The next one is this coming Saturday at KOBE at 11:30. It's always a good time.

To get on the mailing list, contact Dave: daveanruth@aol.com

If you are talking to me I’m based at 5tx0 north of dfw. Just a tad of a distance further away. With fuel prices as high as they are currently,  I’ll be flying commercial standby into TPA for the summit as is. 

1 hour ago, Will.iam said:

If you are talking to me I’m based at 5tx0 north of dfw. Just a tad of a distance further away. With fuel prices as high as they are currently,  I’ll be flying commercial standby into TPA for the summit as is. 

I thought I was replying to the OP.