Illustrated Parts Manual?

I pulled the fuel tank access panels on my newly acquired 1977 M20J several months ago in order to track down and reseal a few small leaks. The leaks are sealed but the screws that secure the upper panels have gone missing. I have a supply of 10-32 100 degree countersunk 1/2 inch screws, but they appear to be just a touch long. I'm searching for the IPM to get a part number for the correct screws, or in lieu of that, does anyone know the correct screw (or even the grip length)?

Many thanks! I'm excited to get this project finished and back in the air.

Make sure you clean the old sealant out of the nut plates. If you don’t, the screws won’t fit and if you try to make them fit you will push the ends off of the nut plates.

Use the biggest drill bit that will fit down the screw threads and spin it with your fingers until you hit hard metal at the bottom of the holes. 

If it isn’t tedious, it isn’t an airplane.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Case said:

I pulled the fuel tank access panels on my newly acquired 1977 M20J several months ago in order to track down and reseal a few small leaks. The leaks are sealed but the screws that secure the upper panels have gone missing. I have a supply of 10-32 100 degree countersunk 1/2 inch screws, but they appear to be just a touch long. I'm searching for the IPM to get a part number for the correct screws, or in lieu of that, does anyone know the correct screw (or even the grip length)?

Many thanks! I'm excited to get this project finished and back in the air.

http://mooney.free.fr/Manuels M20J/M20J/Mooney M20J Illustrated Parts Catalog.pdf

https://www.scribd.com/document/328319136/Mooney-Service-Manuel-M20J-Vol-2-of-2   This has the electrical schematics.  Just create an account to download - it is free

Look at 57-30-00 page 2 (page 727 in the manual).  I think they are an507c1032r7.

@M20Doc also confirmed this back in 2017 here on MS - see the 6th comment.

BTW the M20J Parts Manual should also be in the MS Download section but I can't find it. 

I forgot to add Vol 1 of the Service Manual in the previous post

http://mooney.free.fr/Manuels M20J/M20J/Mooney Service Manuel M20J Vol. 1 of 2.pdf