FlightStream 210

4 hours ago, GaryP1007 said:

How would I know if a FS210 is installed in my Ovation?  I haven’t been able to find it on my iPad/ForeFlight yet but was told it was installed by a former owner.  Thanks. 

It's not.

The software doesn't recognize it on the Mooney G1000 installation, even if you have the newest 401.37 version.

Look for the Sept, 4, 2020 post below from @Pmaxwell

Garmin website says that on,y certain features of the 210 are available on legacy g1000 planes, meaning only the transponder interface. NOT flight plan uploads. 
I spoke to the prior owner of that plane when it was for sale and asked him about this, and he said it worked. 
when I asked him how it worked when Garmin says it did not, he just claimed he didn’t know, and preferred to manually enter the flight plans anyway and didn’t care. 
His answer was a real turnoff because it either felt like a lie, or someone who didn’t take the time to understand his avionics….

Garmin website says that on,y certain features of the 210 are available on legacy g1000 planes, meaning only the transponder interface. NOT flight plan uploads. 
I spoke to the prior owner of that plane when it was for sale and asked him about this, and he said it worked. 
when I asked him how it worked when Garmin says it did not, he just claimed he didn’t know, and preferred to manually enter the flight plans anyway and didn’t care. 
His answer was a real turnoff because it either felt like a lie, or someone who didn’t take the time to understand his avionics….

100%. That’s what I heard, but with a twist that he was AND did upload from FF. Oh well, just trying to understand what I have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Quick trip to the log books…

Or a visit to the radio shelf may be in order….

Or check the WnB data in the POH…

Then…

You know what you have…

Then you can review how things are supposed to work…. From the Garmin manuals which you should have a copy…

Followed by…

There are some BT functions that didn’t work very well at first… the BT signal wasn’t strong enough because the tiny antenna didn’T get oriented the right way…

So…. You can expect that the prior owner may have had it work for him…

There are descriptions around here to make it work better…

Once you know what you have…

Best regards,

-a-

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

Quick trip to the log books…

Or a visit to the radio shelf may be in order….

Or check the WnB data in the POH…

Then…

You know what you have…

Then you can review how things are supposed to work…. From the Garmin manuals which you should have a copy…

Followed by…

There are some BT functions that didn’t work very well at first… the BT signal wasn’t strong enough because the tiny antenna didn’T get oriented the right way…

So…. You can expect that the prior owner may have had it work for him…

There are descriptions around here to make it work better…

Once you know what you have…

Best regards,

-a-

I had the avionics shop check and there is no FlightStream.  Shocker. 

• Like 2