New site replacing fly2lunch

So this new site is being built up because fly2lunch hasn't been updated in forever.  Feel free to add new restaurants and hopefully we can keep this up to date.  It's pretty easy to use (leave off the 'K' in the airport codes). You 'could' leave questions here and I 'might' pass them along to the guy developing the site but you should probably just email any questions/suggestions to the email on the site, which would go directly to him.

2 hours ago, eman1200 said:

So this new site is being built up because fly2lunch hasn't been updated in forever.

Well, if fly2lunch didn't make it, this new "site" (using the term loosely) isn't even going to be a blip.  You can't even view the few restaurants it indicates it has. 

It would be better to keep hyping fly2lunch so that people remembered it and updated it.  And you said fly2lunch hasn't been updated...  Are there errors in the restaurants it brings up or new restaurants you know of that haven't been added? 

Really don't mean to diss the new site, but I'd start with a way to show every listing.  I'd also start with a complete DB of airports so that the search would return the restaurant with a message of no known restaurant and the fields to enter info if you know of one.

Edited by PeteMc

Unfortunately, this is too simple to be useful. It has no search capability unlike fly2lunch. Just very basic ODBC lookup one airport at a time.
What is needed is a simple map interface to see restaurants at their airport location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kortopates said:

Unfortunately, this is too simple to be useful. It has no search capability unlike fly2lunch. Just very basic ODBC lookup one airport at a time.
What is needed is a simple map interface to see restaurants at their airport location.

Agree

Then build it

I think it goes to the point that great functionality built already in FlyLunch, but nobody is updating it. 

Exactly. But I don’t see the difference in functionality. Punch in an airport code and get a list of associated restaurants. Or is that “too easy”?

1 hour ago, eman1200 said:

Or click in the supplied map link

OR...  Everyone could send in a Feature Request to ForeFlight, G Pilot, WingX or whatever you use and ask them to add a map layer just like the fuel layer.  They already have the info for the airport (though I'm not sure of the source), so they easily could add this. 

You click on the map layer and then either look around where you are or look around where you're potentially going to do a fuel stop.  If the prices are similar at AAA and BBB, but BBB has a restaurant on the field, then I know where I'd be making my stop.

I just sent a Feature Request in to FF and asked them to also consider a DB collaboration with people like AirNav and others to keep the DB up to date. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

You can put in your airport, and set the mileage limit to 100 (or whatever) and see a list of all the known restaurants within that radius.  You have to imagine the map.

I missed that line below the airport code - thanks. it helps a lot, but the list displayed doesn't give help give a reason for clicking on one over another.