20 .Lightspeed Zulu 3 LEMO $300
21.Brightline Bag $150
22. King radio altimeter system $700
23 .Garmin GTR-225B 16W comm $2000
24.Garmin GAD 29B $350
25 . GI 275 $1500

Edited by stormflyer
  • Like 1

• stormflyer changed the title to SCAM Avionics and aviation items … please be careful

On the Mooney Pilots Facebook group, also watch out for guys who just joined that day or the day prior trying to sell a bunch of avionics.  Also suspicious is when you look at their profile, it doesn't go very far back or it's nothing but a bunch of random aircraft photos (that that by itself isn't a bad thing...).

1st clue, everything is well below market value.  1st item sells for 1500 easy and fast. It’s a 2 month wait for new, No way he has 1 at 1k unsold. Or a 430W for 4, comon Alan can’t even beat that.

when it’s 2 good to be true… 

On 8/8/2022 at 11:32 AM, MisfitSELF said:

On the Mooney Pilots Facebook group, also watch out for guys who just joined that day or the day prior trying to sell a bunch of avionics.  Also suspicious is when you look at their profile, it doesn't go very far back or it's nothing but a bunch of random aircraft photos (that that by itself isn't a bad thing...).

And loads of fake t shirt ads. 

Yeah I got scammed out of $3700 for a stormscope WX 500. He had photos, he had an 813o wirh seria l number. All that. Steal a 51$ item from Walmart and  see what happens to you.  They should apply the same standard.  Theft is theft. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

Yeah I got scammed out of $3700 for a stormscope WX 500. He had photos, he had an 813o wirh seria l number. All that. Steal a 51$ item from Walmart and  see what happens to you.  They should apply the same standard.  Theft is theft. 

Steal $13.00 at a Walmart in Colorado and the police will tackle you to the ground and break bones.

I too got scammed on a purchase on Barnstormers for an audio panel.  I laid out my case to the Baroness(hostess) and got all of his ads labelled as a scammer.  Never got my money back but took great satisfaction in sending him links to all of his ads.

1 hour ago, hubcap said:

In reality, nobody prosecutes theft crimes unless it is a very significant amount of $$. Even armed robbery won’t get you jail time in a big city.

At least you get arrested and charged. In the case of theft on the Internet there’s no consequence there is literally no reason not to try. And I must have been the first one, because after we googled this guys name on the Internet through about 10 people who got scammed by him for a few thousand bucks apiece.At least you get arrested and charged. In the case of theft of the Internet there’s no consequence there is literally no reason not to try. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 6:52 PM, KB4 said:

1st clue, everything is well below market value.  1st item sells for 1500 easy and fast. It’s a 2 month wait for new, No way he has 1 at 1k unsold. Or a 430W for 4, comon Alan can’t even beat that.

when it’s 2 good to be true… 

How much is a 430W worth? I actually have one that I wouldn't mind selling.... My avionics guy said minimum 4K. Maybe the market here in CH is different than the US because it's smaller.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:12 PM, Ragsf15e said:

I wish society could catch these guys and offer some jail or at least community service no matter if they’re stealing stuff to sell or just trying to get cc numbers.  Either way it should be a crime again.

Agree 100%, it is criminal and any knowledge of their real identity should be reported.

• Like 1

Is there any clearing house of avionics reported stolen?  Even by each manfacturer?
So a shop can check and see if this piece or used gear is reported stolen, or even a potential buyer

Yes, I heard Garmin does, and will not allow databases to be updated for stolen units. First thing you ask for pictures of front and back, front to check condition and back to get model/serial numbers.
Often for front they will use pictures they downloaded because they don’t even have the unit, always get the pictures of the back end.
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 3:16 AM, Sue Bon said:

How much is a 430W worth? I actually have one that I wouldn't mind selling.... My avionics guy said minimum 4K. Maybe the market here in CH is different than the US because it's smaller.

The lowest price I've seen folks ask for 430W's lately is in the low 6 AMUs.

• Thanks 1