Standby Attitude Indicator no longer standing by

Yariv

On 8/15/2022 at 1:38 PM, goodyFAB said:

this is how panel upgrades start... once you change on thing you start wondering about the future of your panel.  I have had my eye on the av30 too, couple of those and you can ditch the vacuum system and they can stay if you ever upgrade further. 

In sport's car, it was called the radiator cap restoration.  You start by needing a new radiator cap.  While you are installing it you see something else that needs to be done, and so forth, until you have done a full restoration.

54 minutes ago, laytonl said:

The AV20 is less than $1,000 and is a Very easy install if it’s just a backup AI.  2 hour install. Another 2 hours if you want OAT and TAS.  As already mentioned the Av30 is good too and has battery backup up.  Lee

The OP @Yariv will need something that’s an approved backup for the G1000. The MidContinent that he has is, the MidContinent SAM is and I think the GI275 is, not sure what else is.

• Like 2

The GI-275 would be my choice for a G1000 backup, but i can see the installation hours add up since it’s would get connected to the Pitot-static system, garmin GPS, garmin magnetometer and garmin ADC, and perhaps more.
In exchange for all that it would come with more capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2