Aviation Consumer Reviewing M20K

GeeBee

Aviation Consumer does not take ad revenue and my guess is their business model requires tight control of expenses. While one could assail their business model, their email address etc there are four things I appreciate

1. Articles screaming "you need THIS" only to find a full page ad for the same product in a prominent place

2. Honest clear evaluation of products both new and used

3. Holding manufacturers accountable without fear

4. They are not a dying aviation publication that tries to make you believe "less is better" by increasing the paper weight and firing well liked editors who actually knew what they were talking about and replace them with a bunch of latte sipping upper East Siders like Flying . If I want Town and Country with airplanes, I'll subscribe to Town and Country.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

4. They are not a dying aviation publication that tries to make you believe "less is better" by increasing the paper weight and firing well liked editors who actually knew what they were talking about and replace them with a bunch of latte sipping upper East Siders like Flying . If I want Town and Country with airplanes, I'll subscribe to Town and Country.

Love it - sizzling hot brutal roast and well deserved!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Aviation Consumer does not take ad revenue and my guess is their business model requires tight control of expenses. While one could assail their business model, their email address etc there are four things I appreciate

1. Articles screaming "you need THIS" only to find a full page ad for the same product in a prominent place

2. Honest clear evaluation of products both new and used

3. Holding manufacturers accountable without fear

you realize they already own a domain. aviationconsumer.com

it literally costs nothing to set up another email box on the hosting plan THEY ALREADY PAY FOR.

all this does is telegraph out of touch amateurs.

the publication is fine. I stopped getting it some years ago

Edited by philip_g
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, philip_g said:

Nothing screams professional like a Hotmail account.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:56 PM, Mooney Dog said:

I dont know, that scream to me old and probably been around a good while. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:19 PM, philip_g said:

Riiiight....

On 8/5/2022 at 11:02 PM, philip_g said:

all this does is telegraph out of touch amateurs.

Odd that the mere mention of an old e-mail domain would strike such a nerve and derail the entire positive and constructive message of the post. Almost sounds like there is an embarrassing back story here…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1