Looking for a CFII for a day in Greeley, CO area

sleeper-319

My plane is nearing completion of a panel upgrade (in Greeley) in the next few weeks. When the work is done, I’ll need to do a post maintenance flight to fully exercise all the features of the new setup, so I can get any squawks fixed before I bring it home. I’d like to not do this entirely by myself. The upgrade is a G3X, GTN750, & GFC500. 

Strictly speaking, I don’t need a CFII, but prefer one since I am not yet instrument rated. I’m not looking to make this instruction, really just make sure everything works as expected before I head back home. I’m figuring this will take a few hours in one day to put everything through it’s paces (but that’s just a guess), and of course will only happen in VMC. 

I don’t have an exact date, but this would preferably be on a Friday or Saturday no sooner than 8/13. If anyone is, or knows such a person, that can get to Greeley on a Friday or Saturday in the coming weeks, can you let me know. Thanks. 

Im in boulder. I dont have my cfii or my cfi for that mater, however i have the same panel as you in my mooney. If you want help, im more than happy to help. I know the ins and outs of the g3x and the gfc500 pretty well and can definetely show you have to navigate it. Shoot me a pm if youre interested.

I'm a CFII in the area, flying out of KLMO and KBJC, and often over at KGXY for instrument training and hundred dollar hamburgers.  I'd be glad to sit with you on a test hop out of Greeley the weekend of 8/13-8/14.  I'm very familiar with the GTN, and largely familiar with the GFC 500, but only lightly familiar with the G3X.

I am not claiming I can be more helpful than Niko182, who has the same panel.  Indeed, he'll almost certainly have more G3X tips/tricks than I.  My only edge is arguably in remembering to look out the window occasionally while enjoying all those fancy avionics.  :lol:  Doesn't sound like this ride particularly requires a CFII, and no hard feelings if you'd rather ride with him than me.  PM me if interested.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Niko182 said:

Im in boulder. I dont have my cfii or my cfi for that mater, however i have the same panel as you in my mooney. If you want help, im more than happy to help. I know the ins and outs of the g3x and the gfc500 pretty well and can definetely show you have to navigate it. Shoot me a pm if youre interested.

Hey there. Thanks for the offer. Since you know the panel, know the plane, and know the area, that’s probably good enough.  I’ll ping you when I know the actual pickup date to see if you’re available. Are you IR? 

Just now, sleeper-319 said:

Hey there. Thanks for the offer. Since you know the panel, know the plane, and know the area, that’s probably good enough.  I’ll ping you when I know the actual pickup date to see if you’re available. Are you IR? 

Yep. IR and commercial

• Thanks 1