Inflight Entertainment

FlyWalt

1 hour ago, FlyWalt said:

Great trip.

Between dodging boomers at both ends of the leg, learning the 830, and experiencing the new engine I stayed plenty busy. Thanks for all the feedback.

Jewel Aviation in Kennett, Mo builds a great engine.

Also, I have an EDM 700 with all probes for sale if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Walt

Is Jewel In Kennett? I spent the night there while flying a T310R to Pittsburg in 2020. That has to be the biggest business left in that town. Since the Emmerson motor plant closed, that town has become a ghost town. Sad story...

Typical sleepy small town was my impression. Agriculture is the big industry there. 

On the way up from Memphis, I passed through Blytheville, AR where an airport with well over 100  retired Delta MD-80’s are sitting in storage or being parted out. Several large hangars were filled with airliners in for maintenance. So I would say that those workers found new jobs.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, FlyWalt said:

A big pa try of my entertainment WILL BE the new EDM 830. But I will have that mastered in the first hour.

It took me longer than that to figure out how to program what I wanted to show on the screen

19 minutes ago, FlyWalt said:

Typical sleepy small town was my impression. Agriculture is the big industry there. 

On the way up from Memphis, I passed through Blytheville, AR where an airport with well over 100  retired Delta MD-80’s are sitting in storage or being parted out. Several large hangars were filled with airliners in for maintenance. So I would say that those workers found new jobs.

That’s good. It was a beautiful town. The streets were nice, the shopping centers were nice, but more than half the businesses were vacant. I hung out at the bowling alley when I was there and they said 90% of the jobs were at the motor plant or businesses supporting the motor plant. They all went away overnight. All that is left is farming, which was there before the motor plant came in 1959. It closed in 2006 and Emerson moved production to Mexico.