Pulling by the Prop

201er

2 minutes ago, teejayevans said:

BTW, my POH states powered equipment should not be used, and they mention the 14° turning limit.

There are so many examples where my POH has been eclipsed and left behind by the unrelenting advance of technology, knowledge, data...  :ph34r:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

There are so many examples where my POH has been eclipsed and left behind by the unrelenting advance of technology, knowledge, data...  :ph34r:

Exactly.  Last update to my '68 POH was 1982.  Almost 90% of the equipment listed in the service and maintenance section is obsolete and no longer in the plane.  Now my POH is full of supplements for all of the new gee whiz stuff we have.  Curious to see how thick @Marauder's POH is with everything he has in his now.  ;)

Brian

10 hours ago, Danb said:

Your full of neat smart tricks Don , I assume your not an accountant 

No. Veterinarian in my first life, lawyer second, now a retired loafer. But I do enjoy developing answers to some minor problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonMuncy said:

No. Veterinarian in my first life, lawyer second, now a retired loafer. But I do enjoy developing answers to some minor problems.

Awesome I wanted to be a vet, but stuff got in the way when I was young and stupid, being old and stupid I just have a couple 6lb doggies.

• Like 1

I doubt if she is harming the prop by pulling on the tip. I know; sexist and all that, but I couldn't resist . 147445a5a23d87e92a74e84266d1dda6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why Bennett you dirty old man! Holding out on us!

And for some reason, I thought you would have posted a picture like this:

792e7bd33355ab9f0b1e6d1dd04abbea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Why Bennett you dirty old man! Holding out on us!

And for some reason, I thought you would have posted a picture like this:

792e7bd33355ab9f0b1e6d1dd04abbea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Very similar to the first pic.  If you look really close, she has about 12 square inches of skin exposed.

On 2/7/2012 at 4:12 AM, aviatoreb said:

Quote: JimR

I am also curious about how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll lolly pop, and if anyone has ever actually found a leprechaun with a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. ;)

Jim

Good news everyone!  There is an answer!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tootsie_Pop

but the answer is controversial:

A student study at the University of Cambridge concluded that it takes 3,481 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.[12] Another study by Purdue University concluded that it takes an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop using a "licking machine", while it takes an average of 252 licks when tried by 20 volunteers.[citation needed] Yet another study by the University of Michigan concluded that it takes 411 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. A 1996 study by undergraduate students at Swarthmore College concluded that it takes a median of 144 licks (range 70–222) to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.[13] Nolan Walker personally found that it takes 1,139 licks as documented in a home experiment on December, 1997.[14] Harvard Grad students created a rotating mechanical tongue and concluded it took 2255 licks.[citation needed] It took 2256 licks on one attempt for a normal raspberry Tootsie Pop to get the center showing. YouTube star Ryan Higa found out that it took 700 licks to get to the center of the Tootsie Pop.[15]

In 2014, the Tribology Laboratory at the University of Florida published a study examining the coupled effects of biology, corrosion, and mechanical agitation on the wear of Tootsie Roll Pops. Self reported wear data from 58 participants was used in conjunction with statistical analysis of actual lollipop cross-sectional information in a numerical simulation to compute the average number of licks required to reach the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. The number of licks required to reach the center, based on equatorial cross-section data, was found to be nearly independent of the licking style with the one-sided approach requiring 195±18 licks and the full-surface approach requiring 184±33. Detailed examination of the lollipops indicates that the minimum candy shell thickness is rarely (if ever) located along the equator. Using the global minimum distance resulted in a calculated 130±29 licks to reach the center, independent of licking style.[16]

On 4/19/2017 at 6:30 PM, Bennett said:

I doubt if she is harming the prop by pulling on the tip. I know; sexist and all that, but I couldn't resist . 147445a5a23d87e92a74e84266d1dda6.jpg

Best aviation photo ever taken...Says anyone that loves landing gear shots and shadowed_ _ _ _ s.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:30 PM, Bennett said:

If you look super carefullly you'll notice an airplane in the background. Bet yiu didn't catch that. 

-Robert