iPad Yoke Mount

bcg

What are you guys using for yoke mounts for your iPads?  I've got a mini 5 that I'm using for Foreflight and I would like to have it on the yoke instead of a knee board, I'm just not sure which one would work best and best prevent overheating.  I'll be flying an M20C.

2 minutes ago, bcg said:

What are you guys using for yoke mounts for your iPads?  I've got a mini 5 that I'm using for Foreflight and I would like to have it on the yoke instead of a knee board, I'm just not sure which one would work best and best prevent overheating.

My wife’s lap works good for me! If the iPad gets hot she holds it up next to the air vent. Works good!

• Like 1

I also use a magnet. It’s affixed by a plastic nut that has broken about every 6 months but I got a 4 pack so… 

might check out the steelie above. The adhesive to yoke, magnet to hold, is very simple and sleek. 

the Ram equipment is ugly and bulky. Big fan of that fancy mygoflight gear but the CB in me won’t spend $250 on a yoke Mount. 

5 hours ago, bcg said:

What are you guys using for yoke mounts for your iPads?  I've got a mini 5 that I'm using for Foreflight and I would like to have it on the yoke instead of a knee board, I'm just not sure which one would work best and best prevent overheating.  I'll be flying an M20C.

How much history would you like?

this is a common discussion each time a new format from AAPL gets announced…

About twice per year…

One for the Mini and one for the full size…

And a few people will mount their iPhone somewhere…

Some people use two iPads…

Some get window mounted

Some get yoke mounted

If you are ancient like me… knee boards are the tradition. :)

Some have mounts with fans for good cooling.

Some have a billion mounting parts they have saved over the decade…

Good luck wading through the options…. Very few like the same thing…

Best regards,

-a-