Sheepskin seat covers

timpercarpio

I like the idea of just using sheepskin as inserts without wrapping around the whole seat. Any ideas how to do that? I’ll check with a local interior shop. 

SureFlight at KMQS can do it. I think it might be a bit more expensive because it would be a custom fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, timpercarpio said:

I like the idea of just using sheepskin as inserts without wrapping around the whole seat. Any ideas how to do that? I’ll check with a local interior shop. 

Here's an idea of what it would look like (scroll through the pictures and look for the front seats): https://www.aircraft.com/aircraft/1464109/n252bh-1987-mooney-m20k-encore

Personally I think it looks a little like Mr. T from the '80's: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001558/

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:56 PM, KSMooniac said:

With some taller/larger side bolsters (like a sports car seat) I think it wouldn't be much like Mr T. 252BH's seats look great either way, though. That is a fantastic Mooney.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

I noticed that airplane had a gear up landing due to failure of the noback spring. Is this the only known famous no back spring failure or is this a new different one making this a trend now instead of a rarity. Also if you were to find yourself stuck in this situation of having to land gear up, is it better to land on a grass field, or concrete? Full flaps or partial flaps  or no flaps?  I know on the T-37 “tweet” if the gear failed to come down we were instructed to land with full flaps and speedbrake deployed. Since the speedbrake was a big flap under the nose, you essentially landed on just the flaps and speedbrake and saved the rest of the body and wings from damage. It was a quick swap of the flap and speedbrake pieces and fix whatever caused the gear not to come down in the first place but usually they had the plane back in operations within a day or 2. I just wonder what configuration would be the least damaging / quickest to fix?

@Will.iam, use the configuration that will put you down for a normal landing, at normal speed and location in the runway. And concrete is considered best, because there are no holes to nose into, and the antennae, etc., on your belly won't dig in and make you spin, roll or nose over.

Be aware, though, that gear up you will be faster than you expect! That's a lot of drag you will not have.

6 hours ago, Hank said:

@Will.iam, use the configuration that will put you down for a normal landing, at normal speed and location in the runway. And concrete is considered best, because there are no holes to nose into, and the antennae, etc., on your belly won't dig in and make you spin, roll or nose over.

Be aware, though, that gear up you will be faster than you expect! That's a lot of drag you will not have.

Thanks. I hope to never have to need this info but good to have in case murphy strikes.