Sheepskin seat covers

timpercarpio

I flew mine without seat covers the first year and sweated my ass off in the summer plus that initial burn when you first get in. Winter time not near as bad with the cold. Once i put some on its greatly improved my comfort in the summer by allowing my skin to breath. I haven’t owned them long enough to smell sweat from them yet but if i do i will just wash them and put them back on. IIRC it was $600 for my pair. 

I’ve had mine for years, removed them for seat maintenance and haven’t put them back in yet, there a must in the summer, I need to get off my dead rear and put ‘em back. Not sure how to clean them though

Thanks for the input. I’m just considering at this time and have not made up my mind yet. 

Tim - you can fly over and check mine out. My large ass has been on them for several years.

I really really like mine. The company that made mine sent me a template to address the unique shape of my front headrests. I had them made extra large to accommodate the large head that goes along with my large ass. I also wanted to have slots cut in the back because I had the upholstery shop make two pockets on the back of each seat.

The big advantage is they keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

592d8c65cc4a27ab001e7b95b78bdc80.jpg
a8d9e66a0beec83dec4da37ae91ca08a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Con is they smell like azz. One of the thing I hate when flying other people’s planes. The sweat of the last 100 guy who flew it will never come out. 

Ok, never will think about having sheepskins after reading that!:o

6 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

Someone in another thread said he just threw them into the washing machine.  I would assume delicate cycle.

I washed them in the machine on the gentlest option, and used Kookaburra soap, which is meant for sheepskins.  You can find that on Amazon.  I think mine were Aerosheep.

Are you saying the Sheepskins smell baa-aaa-aaad?

I’m thinking he is a lover of refried beans and Mexican food.

I’ll have to take a sniff of sheepskin covers. I like spicy food too.

How bad could they be? Airlines use them and many charters have them as well. Maybe when they get spiced up they get replaced.

8 hours ago, RobertGary1 said:

Con is they smell like azz. One of the thing I hate when flying other people’s planes. The sweat of the last 100 guy who flew it will never come out. 

Are we talking about a flight school plane?  
I put about 500 hours over 3 years on a set of sheepskin covers that came with my first ovation. They didn’t smell when I got the plane but we’re mashed and matted, so I washed them in washing machine on regular cycle.  
they looked brand new after and never smelled in the time I owned them. 
I cannot stand flying without them. I like them so much I put them in my cars. 
To me, there are no downsides.

• Like 1

I love mine, even after 15 years! When I build up custom seats (one of these years) I intend to use alcantara in the center inserts of the covers, but I want to provision for a sheepskin insert that can Velcro in between the insert and the side bolsters as an option. I don't like the look of the cover weapon wrapping around the full seat, but I like the function year-round.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I find mine to keep things a bit cooler in the summer. My only complaint is that they are so thick that it takes a little effort for me to slip my hand between the seats to get to the trim. I suppose I could somehow shave the wool in that area, but I'm not quite sure how to.

I find mine to keep things a bit cooler in the summer. My only complaint is that they are so thick that it takes a little effort for me to slip my hand between the seats to get to the trim. I suppose I could somehow shave the wool in that area, but I'm not quite sure how to.

Electric trim

11 hours ago, Schllc said:

Are we talking about a flight school plane?  
I put about 500 hours over 3 years on a set of sheepskin covers that came with my first ovation. They didn’t smell when I got the plane but we’re mashed and matted, so I washed them in washing machine on regular cycle.  
they looked brand new after and never smelled in the time I owned them. 
I cannot stand flying without them. I like them so much I put them in my cars. 
To me, there are no downsides.

This was more a 135 operation.

Chris, I will be at N57 on Wednesday, Aug 3rd. My friend is looking at a Cardinal RG. I’m interested in where you bought your covers. 
Thanks, Tim

Hey Tim. Let me know what time you’ll be there and I’ll swing by. I’ll double check but I think it was Aerosheep.